Scene 22 - Inferno

The house set alight continues burning angrily. Fire rockets into the air, as does the smoke. Some of the townspeople rush to the burning house and desperately rush around to help. At the bar, we see a number of townspeople rush out. This includes the Judge, Clanton, Ringo, Charlie, and the other gunmen. They see the roaring fire and gaze at the fury of it in the far distance via the rising smoke.

Judge:

A fire in town! Quick! Everyone! Give us a hand! Take as much water as you can find.

Clanton:

Ringo, get everything out from the bar.

Charlie:

Hey, hey! You're not using my alcohol I've stocked in here to put that out.

Clanton:

Sorry Charlie, but this is an emergency!

Charlie:

But...

He is pushed away by the townspeople, rushing into the bar.

Ringo:

Shame about the waste. Why don't we use sober drinks!

Judge:

Ideally, we need water! Get as much of it as you can! The drinks might not mix well with the flames.

Townspeople rush past the jailhouse! The horse/donkeys of Penelope, Parker, and Tucker are left beside the building, tied up by a rope. They are getting a little spooked because of the fire and the people dashing past. Pete looks out from the door and sees the flames in the sky.

Pete:

My god! It's an inferno!

The Kid keeps aiming the gun squarely at the prisoners. As more people rush to help, the Judge rushes up to Pete.

Judge:

Pete! Get out here! You too Kid! We need every man to help with that fire!

Pete:

What about the prisoners?

Judge:

Well, have you got the key?

Pete:

Yeah.

Judge:

Then come on then!

Pete:

Come on, Kid! We've got the key and we know they haven't anything in their pockets to escape with!

He then dashes out of the jailhouse. The Kid then heads to the door, still aiming the gun at the prisoners and staring at them. He then dashes out of the door, and Parker immediately offers out his hand.

Parker:

The 'airpin again, m'lady.

We see more townspeople rushing to the house. Now, it has burnt up the entire house. Some people have already begun throwing water onto the fire. Others rush with buckets and buckets and throw them on.

Judge:

Clanton! You boys throw the water on! Some of you, get into town and get water supplies! Some of you fill up the buckets and others get them here!

Penelope and the others are free again. They head for the table and find all their belongings before they collect them up. Lady Penelope opens up her makeup compartment to communicate with Rigby. We see the hologram of the man. Rex has snuck out of the jailhouse to inspect the area around him.

Penelope:

Rigby, we're out. And thanks. I assume the diversion was from you.

Rigby:

It was. I'm North of the town. If you follow the tracks, you'll find me in no time. We've wasted enough time with these cowboys, I think I have found the source whilst I've been snooping up here.

Penelope:

F.A.B.

The fire's roaring has begun to settle thanks to the water. The townspeople are doing a good job of keeping it under control. Now, Penelope and her friends are untying their horses and donkeys to jump back on them.

Penelope:

Shouldn't we help with the fire at least?

Tucker:

Not a chance. We've only just got out.

Penelope:

People's lives could be at risk.

Tucker:

They'll have it under control.

Penelope:

Rescue and saving lives are our priorities, Rex.

Tucker:

They won't thank you for it.

Penelope:

We are in the right.

Tucker:

And they aren't, Lady Penelope!

Penelope:

So we let them burn in flames I take it.

Tucker:

The fire is already settling down now. If you want to save lives, then do what you gotta do about this alien...

Penelope:

Tucker, listen to me...

Tucker:

No, you listen! They won't appreciate your help and will slap you bang in jail. Your friend deliberately created a diversion for us to escape in. This is our perfect opportunity.

Penelope:

I can't sit back and...

Tucker:

We're wasting time, we need to be getting out of here whilst we can. You've been lucky so far to be getting out – you may not be so fortunate a third time!

He points the gun at Lady Penelope.

Get moving!

Lady Penelope frowns. The fire begins to settle down even further as the town members keep throwing water onto the burning house. Now, Penelope, Parker, and Tucker accelerate on their horses hurriedly. They sweep through the town, and the people hardly notice them sneak off from behind. The three of them finally escape from Harmony...