Scene 24 - Escape

The fire from the house has now been successfully put out. The townspeople are glad and relieved. Heaps of water lie scattered around the area – and the churned, burnt-up wood from the fire. All that remains is smoke pouring out from the watered-down inferno. The Judge stands in front, with Clanton, and his other friends such as Pete, Ringo, and the Kid behind him.

Judge:

My that was sure an angry fire there today. I'm glad to see that nobody got hurt. Kid, Pete, you'd better get back to the jailhouse and keep an eye on our prisoners.

Pete and the Kid left. Kathy has noticed that there are tracks that lead out away from the town. She is suspicious and thinks about what she was told earlier. Now, Kathy is beginning to believe Tucker further.

Ringo:

We have any clue how the fire started?

Judge:

Not a thing. But we ain't had a fire that bad in all my years as sheriff of this town. I'd almost say that the fire was no accident. Its power was enormous.

Clanton looks at Kathy and asks what she is looking at.

Clanton:

What are you staring at Kathy?

He then finally notices the tracks.

What... are they?

Judge:

They look like marks made from something. It's too big to be any one of our wagons...

There is a long pause as the men stare at one another, thinking the same thought.

Find them! Whatever you do, if those prisoners are out, mother of God we're gonna kill them for this!

The horses and donkey, carrying their masters, arrive at the end of the tracks. Rigby awaits in the BR2 as he meets with the others.

Rigby:

Well, what kept you?

Parker:

Oi! Watch it!

Parker's donkey sounds a horrible noise.

Penelope:

We knew you would have created a diversion for us to escape.

Rigby:

And it worked for good. Shouldn't I show you where I think the source is?

Penelope:

Had we better keep our horses here? The sound of the car might startle them. Besides, if anyone was to try and take my Pegasus, it would probably be the last thing they would ever do.

She strokes her horse, as it sounds a jolly noise.

Tucker:

It's weird. I've never been up this far, and never seen such a strange object. What does it do?

They jump off their horses/donkeys and begin to tie them securely to the trees and branches. The animals remain calm.

Penelope:

Well it's like a horse. You can travel on it, but it's essentially a box with wheels you can move on.

Tucker:

How does it move?

Penelope:

By the controls Rigby is sat in front of, he can operate where the car moves.

Tucker:

And... how do you make it? Get it to work, and fuel it up?

Penelope:

I'll explain along the way.

Tucker:

Thanks. It sure looks like a fierce beast though.

The three of them all crammed inside the car. Rigby starts up the engine, as Tucker is shocked by the noise and vibrations. The horses spook out a little by the sound of the engine.

Woah! It is supposed to do that?

Rigby suddenly accelerates off with the powerful sound of the car roaring...