Scene 23 - Prisoner of the Earth

Back in the bleak, dark world where the Zero X and XL crew are held, the members of International Rescue are in shock at the revelation exposed to them – the mother of the Tracy boys. We still do not see her face yet.

Jeff:

What is this sick joke?

Jeff 2:

You must understand the importance of you completing our assignment, International Rescue.

Jeff:

And that gives you the right to poke your noses into our private business and show us ghosts of our loved ones like this?

Alan:

Mum? What happened to her?

Jeff 2:

We may show you.

Jeff:

Don't you dare!

Scott:

No. That's enough. You should just get straight to the point. The others do not need to know about mum.

Newman:

Complicated family stuff.

Jeff:

All you need to know boys is that shortly after Alan was born your mother sadly passed away and left me to raise you and finish setting up our organization.

Jeff 2:

This is enough. I think we can trade in Lucille for your Dr Pierce now.

The woman suddenly fades into black smoke, and Dr Pierce in his spacesuit falls from it to the ground. The Zero X crew rush to help the unconscious man who begins to slowly awake.

Grant:

Doctor!

Pierce:

Ugh! Ah! Paul! Guys? What's happened?

Maxwell:

Well, it's a long story. But we're back together again at least. International Rescue and Captain Taylor are here with us. This entity being has taken us here for a purpose and it's now about to explain why it wants us.

Pierce takes off his space helmet, adjusting to the atmosphere around him.

Grant:

What was it like in your world?

Pierce:

Well... it was just like falling through space. Falling into a whiteness of mirrors and lights. I thought I was done for. And then I felt drowsy. My oxygen must have been running low, and then I think I passed out. Now, I'm here.

Scott:

Enough mental gymnastics, Matter! We're all here, now get on with what you want to tell us.

The world around them begins showing images of some of the energy transforming to blue. This is followed by showing footage of the Western town Harmony, and the area Rigby has explored and was suspicious of.

Jeff 2:

Fine. You see, some of our energy was transformed into a power that we could not contain ourselves. Fortunately, we were able to trap it inside a sector of the planet Earth in one of the most rural areas. It is beside the town called Harmony. There, the energy would remain trapped in the ground once buried over. No one in Harmony would have suspected a thing. Harmony has remained totally isolated from any technological development of man. It was a perfect prison.