Scene 27 - Alert!

The Controller at Glenn Field looks stern and serious. He then quickly begins observing where the SKR5 will crash at – the exact same destination!

Controller:

The same area.

His monitors then show him that a massive blue beam has risen into the sky and is generating energy up towards space. The Controller realizes this must be linked somehow.

This is Zero X Central Control to Colonel Casey, the Global Defence Force.

Her hologram appears.

Colonel Casey:

Controller, is this about the strange blue beam that has suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Controller:

It is. The SKR5 and TVR19 are being sucked downwards towards it – ETA 58 minutes.

Colonel Casey:

All airlines and airspace traffic will be diverted from this field. For now, we have to assume it's some sort of tornado or hurricane sucking in anything. It seems for the moment to have specifically begun to suck only those two ships.

Controller:

For now, Colonel.

We see the bright energy beam reaching into the sky. A powerful gust of wind strikes at those in the nearby area. Lady Penelope and the others struggle to stand back up. The remaining townspeople scatter away, all except for the Judge, Clanton, Ringo, Pete, a few other bandits/gunmen, and the Kid. They are all too close and lie on the ground powerless to move and get themselves clear.

Ringo:

What is it?

Clanton:

If I could... just... reach... my... gun!

He tries to grab his gun.

Tucker:

What... what's happening?

Penelope:

I think we just opened up... something we shouldn't have. It's... draining out energy from us! That's why we can't... move!

Rigby:

We... gotta do something!

Penelope:

The alien source... might keep draining off the rest... of the Earth!

Rigby:

We... should never have gone on this stupid... assignment!

Clanton finally grabs his gun and has the strength to fire at it. BAM! BAM! The bullets were sucked into the ray.

Clanton:

What in hell is that light in there!

The Kid's brows sweat up, and tries to tense his muscles to move, but fails even to do that. A blue light shines on his forehead, changing his eye colour from brown to blue and alters his mind in some mysterious way. His mouth gorps open, and sounds a noise like he is choking. Something alien was happening to him! At Glenn Field, the Controller has begun to analyse the setting of the crash site. Yet, there were no readings for the area either. It just presented fields and hills.

Controller:

Location... Just a field of some sort. Not a soul living there within miles.

Colonel Casey:

Controller, I have sent one of my best men and several International Rescue members to explore those strange alien signals transmitting in that area.