Scene 21 - A shocking revelation...

Back for the Zero XL, the Jeff Tracy manifestation approaches the family, sceptical and untrustworthy of this doppelganger. Gordon has woken up slowly and lies on the ground as Kayo and Alan help him.

Jeff 2:

It's alright. No need to be so suspicious. We have no intention of harming you.

Jeff:

Ok. Let's get it over with. But I've gotta say, it's a little weird to be looking at someone who looks exactly the same you do in every detail. Quite handsome looking, don't you think Lee?

The Captain laughs. The doppelganger stops, and bends down a little and holds his ear. The Tracy's look to each other.

Gordon:

Ugh! What's... what's happening?

Kayo:

We'll explain later, Gordon. It's rather convoluted to tell you.

Virgil:

What do we think is happening to him?

Brains:

I only wish I still had my g-glasses. Then I could really see what's happening. Are you taking full re-recordings of the world around us, M-MAX?

MAX bleeps yes. The clone stands up.

Jeff 2:

Apologies Earthmen, the Matter you could understand in some ways is one form of energy being held altogether. We can contact ourselves right across the other side of the universe.

Alan:

What does that all mean? I don't entirely understand.

Scott:

I don't think we can. It's too complex for we little Earthmen to get it I think.

Jeff 2:

Yes. We are a little, shall we say, difficult to fully comprehend. But we need to reunite you altogether.

Jeff:

Somebody else?

Jeff 2:

We have observed that another explorative team are out on the other side of the universe aiming to meet the same objectives as yours.

Jeff:

The Zero X?

Jeff 2:

That's right. One of them has fallen out from the ship. He is lost, but we know where he is. We can bring the fallen man to us, and then can use the Zero X to home in on him and bring him to us.

Jeff:

Well do it then.

The Zero X MEV continues to slowly move along the strange, mirrored world around them. The crew are tired and upset that they have lost a fellow colleague and friend. All of them continue operating their consoles and hope to find some help for their friend using signals and waves.

Maxwell:

Anything?

Newman:

Nothing.

Maxwell:

We can't give up looking for him. But we can't burn up all our fuel or none of us will get back home. Well, quite a spirit of adventure after all.

Martin:

We could be searching here until the end of time and never find him. We might as well be back in the hall of mirrors looking for us again.