Chapter 38

Rhys point off view

 I breath heavily trying to focus on everything around me. As far as I can tell I'm locked up in prison again, chains around my body and a magic blind fold around my eyes to keep my power at bay. Their are a couple of guards outside of my cell making sure I can't escape and seem to be betting on who can kill me first. 

A door opens to the left hand side of the room. Someone is walking into this room with two other people. "So this is the monster" Someone says while walking to my cell. "Yes it is father" That voice sounds familiar, the knight on the horse which must be Kato since the crowed was cheering his name. So the first person who spoke must be Frederick.

 The guards are all bowing and move out of the way. The three people stand in front of my cell all staring at me. "What are we going to do with him?" A women spoke coming from one of the three. "We should skin him alive and hang him from the castle so that everyone can see" Kato suggested. Great he's fucking nuts, this is the person Everlyn meant to be marrying. 

"We can't do anything yet until the other four have found the creature in my kingdom" Frederick tells him. So I'm stuck in prison while the others go hunt down something? I stay quite and wait to see what their going to do.

"Why did you kill my father king john?" Frederick asked me. I stay quite and see what his reaction is. Someone hits the cell bars to get my attention. "My father asked you a question monster?" Kato says in a annoyed tone. Yes I'm the monster again let's all point fingers at the guy in the cell and who killed the king. 

Actually now saying that in my head I'm not surprised their calling me that now. "Father why don't I try reading his mind and get the information that way" The women says in a moody tone. "Alright Karin. See what you can get out of him" Frederick tells her. She seems to be using her magic to get into my mind. 

Right I'll play this game with her. She enters my mind and tries to look into my memories, thoughts and dreams but she's having no luck. "He seems to be blocking me out" She tells the two of them. "That's impossible he's chained up and that blind fold is enchanted. He shouldn't be able to use any of his powers" Kato tells her. 

She keeps trying to breach into my mind more which starts to make my head hurt. "I've found something but it's not much. He doesn't seem to trust those four people. And their something about Everlyn" She tells them. Get out of my head. My head starts to hurt more. "Lilith told him about the wedding between Kato and Everlyn. He want's to try and stop it from happening" Karin tells the two of them.

Kato begins to laugh. "You got to be kidding me? You can't stop that from happening. Once this creature is captured or killed and when she shows up will get it started" He keeps laughing but Frederick not finding it funny. "Can you get anything about my father?" He asked her. She keeps trying to breach into my mind more.

Fine I've tried playing nice but if he wants more information then she'll suffer for it. I use my power to burn into her brain to stop her. She starts gripping her head. "H-he's s-stopping me f-from g-going deeper" She tells them and grips her head more. Kato starts hitting the cell bars noticing she's in pain.

"Stop hurting my sister you monster!" Kato opens the cell door and punches me in the face causing me to fall to the ground, my nose starts to bleed. Karin start to loosens her grip onto her head. "Are you alright Karin?" Frederick asked her. "He shouldn't have been able to stop me but someone he blocked me out and even attacked me" She tells him. 

Kato kicks me in the chest and face. "Your not getting out of here. And don't worry I'll take good care of Everlyn" He chuckles and slowly walks away. I grip my hands tight and bite my lip. "Trust me I'll make sure you don't marry her" I tell him while pushing myself up from the floor. He stops in his tracks.