Chapter 9

Rhys point of view

I wake up in a place I didn't know but their are lots of herbs and potions on the side. "What going on?" I rubbed my head and looked at my chest noticing the wound on my chest have healed but very noticeable. "Great" I said to my self, stand up and notice some cloths on the side. "I guess this is hinting at something" I said to my self, grab the cloths and get change. 

A moment later I've changed into the new cloths. Wearing black shoes, dark trousers, a dark grey shirt and a long black leather gown "I think someone trying to take the piss here" I said to my self and went out of the room to go down stairs. Before going down stairs I put my hand in my pocket and their was a eyepatch in it "Must have forgot it. Who ever they bought it from" I said, put it over my left self eye and sighed. 

I got down stairs and notice the four of them around a fire with pig meat over the fire. They were sitting on chairs and talking to each other. "Your awake" Ben says and all of them turned their head. "Yeah thanks for healing the wound" I said, sat next to him and Iestyn. Ben is wearing a dark blue robe with red lines going down the sleeves and blue sandals. Iestyn is wearing grey shoes, with dark red trousers, white shirt and a grey coat. Courtney is wearing dark black shoes,  black top, a matching black tight leather pants and a small dark green cloak around herself. Tayanne wearing a purple long sleeve top with marks going down them, black thing trousers, a mix of purple and black shoes and a small dark cloak. 

"You still look ugly" Iestyn says with a small laugh "I know. no surprise their" I replied to him and token the meat from the fire and eat it. I could feel the four of them looking at me "What?" I said and kept eating the meat. "We need to talk" Courtney says and sharpens her dagger, "About?" I said and kept eating the meat. "The masked man on the wall" Tayanne says, she leans over to the fire to get warm. I finish the meat and sighed "He was outside wasn't he?" I ask and looked at the fire "How did you know that?" Iestyn says and looked at me "I didn't. You answered my question for me" I said and stand up, rubbing my face "Dick" Iestyn says quietly. "What happened?" I asked them. "We'll ben was trying to help you and we went to the village to get supplies. On the way back he was here in front of the house. Somehow he froze us in place" Iestyn says to me and stamps on the floor "Who is he?" Tayanne asked me "I don't know" I said leaning against the wall but close by the fire. "How could you not know? He's like you instant he?" Tayanne says with frustration in her voice "No we are not!" I said, the fire raised up for the moment and back to normal, they moved back a little. "Sorry" I said and sit down. They all sat back down. 

"Rhys can I ask you something?" Ben asked me "What?" I said with my hand on my head. "What is with the pentagram on your back?" Ben asked "You have one too?" Courtney says. The three of us looked at Courtney "Not me. Tayanne has one on her chest were her heart is. I seen it when we was getting changed into the new cloths" She says and Tayanne nodes. I rub my head "It's a seal a hag showed me how to use it. It happened when we was trying to save Tayanne. It happened before I came by the rope" I told them.

"You used a seal that you have no idea what it does!!!" Tayanne shouted at me. Courtney stands up and puts her hand on her shoulder. "Look it was killing you or doing that. I could have easily killed you but I had a job to do" I said and look at her "Just a job" Tayanne says, laughing and left the room. "What does it do?" Courtney ask with anger in her voice "As far as I know it seals my soul with hers" I said and the three of them looked at me confused "B-but a demon has no soul" Ben tells me and rubs his chin. "Then why did it work" I asked him and left him speechless "You ask me to save her didn't you. So I did your welcome" I said and puts both my hands on my head "Was their nothing else you could have done?" Iestyn ask me and I shake my head. "W-well then thank you for saving her" Courtney says to me and leaves the room. 

"So we don't know anything about the masked man and why the seal worked" Ben says and looks at Iestyn. "Basically. We shouldn't take her back yet" Iestyn says "We need more information about this person" He says and rubs his heads. "We will go to my place" I said to them, "You have a house?" Iestyn asked me "I'm over 500 years old. Of course I have a place" I told him. "Really!!?. I thought you was younger. I'm the same age as Courtney and Tayanne. Over 100 years old. And ben can use his magic to stop him self ageing so he's the same as us" Iestyn tells me and I just rubbed my head "Their should be something at mine to tell us what going on. We will leave night fall" I told them, they nodded and I leave the room to go outside. 

The next day 

We was heading for my home that I've not been to for a while. I was able to talk to ben and Iestyn but Tayanne didn't talk to me at all, Courtney was talking to her about things that happened. "Where you from?" Tayanne asked me "I don't know" I told her and rubbed my head "Do you have anyone?" she asked me, I stop in place and turned to her "Why question me now? You got angry at me at the abandon house and now you want to talk" I told her "Stop getting angry at me!" Tayanne said to me and her hand goes on fire. 

"Look you two just calm down" Ben says, Iestyn got between us and Courtney moved Tayanne back "Just calm down. We will talk about this later alright?" Courtney says to Tayanne and I turned around. "I'm over 500 years old, I've been on my own for a long time, I have a house, get on my bad side and I'll be your worse nightmare" I said to her, my head starts to hurt and go on my knees. 

My head ponding like crazy "What wrong?" Ben asked me, Iestyn got next to me and put his hand on my back "S-something c-coming" I said and my eye burns like crazy "What coming?" Iestyn ask me, I stand up and get my sword out "S-something b-big" I said and grip my sword a lot. After a second we hear a loud roar and a dragon shows up infront of us. "Holy shit!" Ben says and gets all excited "I thought they were a myth" Tayanne says and moves back "Does it really look like it" Iestyn says and growls a little. "Is it friendly?" Courtney asks and has her hands on her daggers. The dragon roars fire at us and we all dodge it qucikly "No. Not friendly" I said and we needed to fight off the dragon. We got our weapons out and the dragon roars very loud.