CHAP 66

He continued rambling despite the other's silence."I'm not perfect and I worry a lot.And most of the time I'm stupid who does the most the stupid things.And most of all,I usually see the things that I want to see,not the things that already there."He dug his nail on his palm."Would you still love me?"

The silence streched.Baek thought his heart would explode right then and there when he heard a soft chuckle.

"Are you kidding me?" Chanyeol was grinning,but his face looked like he might cry.He reached out for Baek's hand,stoping the other from leaving marks on his palm.

"Chanyeol--"

Chanyeol cut him off."I'm sorry.
It's just...everything you've  said gelt surreal.I haven't regestered any of those yet.But are you kidding me?"Chanyeol smiled,not unkindly,but Baek still felt indignant.

"Of course not."

"Don't be mad."Theman in front of him helf Baek's hands and gripped them."I already know everything you've said about yourself and I still love you all this time.Now you're asking me if I'll still love you?"

The corner of Baek's lips quirked up untill he found himself laughing.At that moment,
everything felt clear and simple.
To think,he blinded himself silly.
He lied to himself about,well,just about  everything.

When he stopped laughing,he gazed at Chanyeol's eyes and said.
"I really do love you."

It was almost midnight.When Chanyeol smiled,it was brighter than a summer day.Baek used to avoid this brightness.He was afraid to get burned.But now,he did not mind if it could melt him.

"Me too."Chanyeol closed their distance and kiss Baek once more.

"Chanyeol closed their distance and kiss Baek once more

The way back to the house was dark and silent.As hot as it was during the day,the night breeze chilled Baek to the bone.Yet he love it.

They strolled as though they had all the time in the world instead of going home at the wee hours of the night.The two of them talk about trivial things and laughed at the most stupid jokes.Chanyeol was a charming conversation partner no matter the topic.

At one point,Baek could not tell exactly when,Chanyeol held his hand.It was not the first time that they held hands.Still,the feel of Chanyeol's skin againts his made him feel silly.And happy.And excited.He could not stop grinning.

Baek enjoyed their midnigth stroll,so much that he hoped they would never arrive.Atleast not to soon.

But this was such a small town.What would they do if someone sees them?If there would be more rumors about Chanyeol.He bump his shoulder againts the other man to get his attention.

"People might see us."Baek said warily.

Chanyeol glanced around,
exaggerating his movement."I don't see anyone?and really,Baek?
After all that we done at the hill?"
He cocked a teasing eyebrow.

Baek felt his face flush,reddining further when Chanyeol chuckled.
His arms around Baek's back and burried his face at the crook of Baek's neck to muffle the sound of his laughter.Baek pouted,but it was useless because the other guy could not see him.

"You should have seen your face. You look scandalized,"Chanyeol said in between giggles.

"We've just ki-kissed!"Baek hissed."Besides,people might talk about you if they see us together like this."

Chanyeol put a distance between them to look at Baek.His gaze direct and intent."Let them.They will talk anyway.Whether I do anything or not." He gripped Baek's hand."Besides,I've been wanting to do this,"He brought up their joined hands for Baek to see.
"I wanted to hold hands with you as we walk down the streets."

The continued walking,swinging their hands between them,
Chanyeol acted normally,while Baek felt like he had melted into a puddle of goo.

After a while,Chanyeol spoke again,"And you know what other things I wanted to do?"He stopped walking,causing Baek to halt his steps too.

Baek looked up,wondering what was wrong.

Chanyeol peered at him and smiled."This."

He drew Baek closer,their thighs pressing together,as his fingers tangled in Baek's hair and brought their faces together.His mouth warmed Baek's with the most heart-melting kiss.Their lips met once,twice,thrice untill Baek lost count.

Chanyeol's lips were warm and delicious,and when he teased Baek's mouth with the tip of his tongue,Baek thought he would come.Instead,Baek opened his mouth,welcoming the surprising intrusion of the others tongue,
helpless to stop the soft groan that
escaped him when their tongues made contact.

The moment he admitted his feelings to Chanyeol,he also told himself that he would also stop lying to himself.And this time,he knew that it was not just Chanyeol who wanted to do this.
He enjoyed the feeling of this closeness,the feeling that Chanyeol  needed him as much as Baek needed  the other guy.

Chanyeol hug him tighter as their frantic kisses grew gentle.His grip loosened,arm sliding around Baek's shoulder.He rested his forehead against Baek's as the two of them hugged in the middle of the street,in the middle of the night,as though they were the only people in theor world.

With closed eyes,Baek said,"I'm so glad the people of this town sleep early."

Chanyeol laughed."Same here."

Baek reached up and captured Chanyeol's lips for a second time.
The other willingly obliged."We should go home,"he said when their lips parted.

"We should."

But neither if them move away.

The two of them arrived home and went inside,carefully not to disturb Granny.When they reached their rooms,Baek headed to Chanyeol's room while Chanyeol went to the room where Baek stayed.The two of they paused and stared at each other,surprised at the other's action.

"I thought,"Baek started,"well be staying in your room?"

Chanyeol opened his mouth and closed it as he scratched his head.
"I see.I thought you'd want to sleep in your room.I'm fine either way."

Baek smiled,pulling Chanyeol towards him."Go to your room.I'll follow once I've washed up."With a light nudge on the shoulder,he pushed Chanyeol toward his room.Baek dashed to the room to clean up and change his clothes...

Baek dashed to the room to clean up and change his clothes