RM13

He knew it was stupid,He was being stupid.But even after knowing that Kai chose someone else.It was not easy for him to let go,to forget him.Not yet.

It scared him to admit that Chanyeol was right so he could only put out his defenses.

"Easy for you to say because you know nothing!"

"Baekhyun,thats not what I mean--"

But he did not hear the rest as he walked past his roommate and out from their apartment.

Baekhyun arrived at the Bar and the first thing that he saw was Kai and Kyungsoo flirting.Hes mood sank even lower.

"What's with the long face?"Kai asked.

Baek bit his lip..."Nothing."

"Come on thats not the face of nothing!"

Baekhyun pulled out the words out of him,"....I fought with my roommate."

                 *************************

Chanyeol kept saving him and every time,Baek just have to fight him.Yes despite his words, Baek could not help but feel indebted to him. The worst part was,Chanyeol would not like him to feel that way because that was never his intention.

'I don't deserve it.'

"We would like to invite you to a simple house warming but after hearing your story,your house seems alot cooler!"

Baekhyun had a bad feeling about this.

"So when are you going to invite us to your new house?"

"That,"Baek scrathed his cheeks,still have to talk to my roommate."

"Then hurry up and make up with him!"

Baek smiled.He would like that but he did not know how to face Chanyeol he must have hated Baekhyun now and did not want to be friends with him any longer.Just the thought of that made him sad.

After living Kai and Kyungsoo.He went back to the apartment and got some things then proceeded to go to Chen's place.He only left a note saying that he was going out and did not know when he would come back.

Chen took one look at him and jerked his chin to the inside of the house."Does he know?"

Baekhyun did not have to guess who was 'he' but he did not want to elaborate either so he replied,greatful that he was facing Chen's back.

"No."

To his relief Chen just nodded.Chen never asked him what happend.And he was greatful for that.Explaning was tiring.Thinking was tiring.

Baek was tired of everything.

In the morning he had exsams.During his breaktime,He would sneak into the library or behind the art Department's building.After school,he would go back to Chen's apartment and study,not letting himself for a second to think of Chanyeol or Kai or anybody else.

Sometimes he would catch a glimpse of Chanyeol from a far with his friends.He was sorrounded by people as always.Everytime he saw Chanyeol.Baek unconsciously hide or turn to another direction.But not before giving Chanyeol a second look.They had not talk since that day and every day that passed by was a weight added to his chest.

A week passed by in the blink of an eye and suddenly the exsam week was done. Exhaustion flooded over him.So was relief.
The result came in on friday while the midterm grades were up on monday.He was like a prisoner waiting for an execution.

'It's up.Check your page'Chen text to him after lunch.

He held his breath,closed his eyes,and hit the refresh button.He allowed himself a few minutes before opening his eyes bit by bit.

He passed.

He held back a scream.Instead.he pressed his palm over his eyes and rolled around his bed.

But that was not enaugh.

Still,over the moon with the results,he wanted to share the news so he grabbed his phone and dialed Chanyeol's number.

Then hit the end call button.plopped back on his bed and smacked his forehead.

'Stupidstupidstupid'

They were not talking yet.He was not even sure he had the right to call Chanyeol or if he had already lost everything when he left.

The reality of it came crashing down on him. deflating what ever joy he gelt earlier.

The news of his grade made other people happy though.His parents were happy,Chen smirked and punch his arms,even the Dean was happy.Everyone around him was happy for him.

Except him.

There was only one person whom he wanted to share the news of his grades.But he was not sure if that person would want to hear it.Or would even want to talk to him.

                     ****************

He was ready to go home.

It was late in the afternoon when he arrived on the campus.Baek gripped the strap of his duffle bag as he shifted it on his shoulders.He went straight from Chen's house to the university in the hopes of finding Chanyeol there.He hoped to catch him as soon as possible or he would lose the meager courage he managed to gather.

'Please don't let me lose a friend.'

During this time,there were fewer students around.Still.Baekhyun hoped that Chanyeol would be the one of those.After dropping by the faculty office.Baek wandered off the corridors, casualy glancing around.He tried the library, the cafeteria,and the quadrangle,He even check out the back of the building were he accidentally walked in on Rose confession.

No Chanyeol.

Baekhyun was convinces that he would not find his roommate at this rate

Baekhyun was convinces that he would not find his roommate at this rate.Chanyeol might be on his part-time job.

Maybe,he could have texted Chanyeol,telling him that he wanted to talk.But his stubborn pride would not let him.Chanyeol deserved a personal apology.

Baekhyun clicked his tongue.'Whats done is done.'