RM 53

Baek sagged as thought his energy escaped him and surrendered to the trail of feathery kisses Chanyeol peppered on his jaw.The sensation was sweet and addicting.But at this rate,some "accidents"might happen,some unnecessary firing might occur.

He moaned,"Alright,alright"he said untangling himself from Chanyeol but not without some hesitation."I'm starving. Follow me downstairs once you've changed."

Without looking back,Baek went out.But instead of going to the dinning room,he went straight to the bathroom.

*******************
Their days remained the same as the semester came to a close.Save for some minor hiccups here and there,they were still the same with each other if not for the small changes in their lives.So small and so natural that Baek did not realize it after a few days of doing those things.

For one,the amount of subtle touches and covert glances increased.

Chanyeol reached the counter as the same time as Baek.Their eyes met and their gazes lingered to each other far too long to be considered normal.

It was Baek who broke the eye contact first,scratching a finger on his cheek as he recited the order.He spoke in a clear tone that surprised himself for being able to sound casual and unaffected when he was anything but calm as his heart speed up,knowing Chanyeol was standing close to him.

Baek sneaked a peek,sending a sideways glance,and the corner of his mouth lifted every time he caught Chanyeol doing the same thing.When their gazes met again, Chanyeol give Baek the briefest and smallest smile,usually reserved for Baek.The smile was gone as soon as it came as though he had imagined the whole thing.But he knew he did not .And it was that thought that added spring to his steps the entire day.

Someone coughed,intruding at their moment.Baek searched for the source of the sound,only to find Yoora staring directly at them,looking as unamused as ever.When the two of them stared at her,she deliberately rolled her eyes at them and turned herndeadpan stare at Chanyeol, "Your shift is done.Get out."She mouthed that last two words.

Chanyeol snorted and Baek lowered his head to hide his giggles.They were used to Yoora using her strict headmistress vibe everytime she caught them that they just laughed it off.Chanyeol jerked his head to his sister as a response then walked towards the staff room but not before patting Baek's on the shoulder as he passed by.

"I'll text you later."

That he did,They will go to the supermarket to buy their stock food.Baek waited at the university gate untill a group of people came out of the building.One person stood out and was looking right at
him.Chanyeol stare back at Baek as they were the only people in the world.

At that moment,a fleeting thought crossed Baek's mind---maybe Chanyeol like him too.that,or he really was imagining signs that were not there.

If it was about signs,then the biggest telling was probably the biggest change in their daily activities...

"What are we going to watch?"Chanyeol asked as he scrolled through the list on netflix on his laptop.

Baek lying in his stomach beside Chanyeol,said,one side of his mouth raised,"Annabelle?"

Chanyeol scrunched up his nose and continued to scroll,ignoring Baek's suggestion even as the other laughed beside him.

"Anything action?Sci-fi maybe?"
Baek turned on his back,resting his head on Chanyeol's lap."I'm fine with anything really even if it's a series."

This had been one of their nightly rituals. After dinner,if the two of them at home,they would camp at Chanyeol's bed,watch movies,fall asleep and wake up together.

Even if Chanyeol's late or Baek on the closing shift,Baek would crawl his way inside Chanyeol's bed.It was as if they had unspoken rule that Chanyeol had to keep his door unlocked for Baek to come and go freely.

That night,Baek lay beside Chanyeol,thinking about the same thought that circled around his head the entire day- - if it was Chanyeol,maybe he could...

Baek woke up alone in bed,the coldness beside hit him straight away.Most days,Chanyeol wakes up first because he cooks their breakfast.But some days like this one,Baek would left alone in the apartment.How Baek knew without setting foot outside the room was beyond him.The air just seemed different without his roommate around.

He stared at the ceilling for a while,trying to chase away his sleepiness.

'Well,can't be help,'he thought.
Chanyeol had something to do in their department and other social activities at the university required his presence as well.

Baek drag himself off the bed.Today was a busy day for him too.He had to check in with their department about his grades and then apply for the scholarship.Hopefully, he would get the full scholarship this time.

But no matter how many times he reassured himself,he could not shake of the what-ifs about his scholarship,something that had been plaguing him for weeks now.He computed his grades  a couple of times last night and was pretty sure that he reached the required grade yet he could not stop himself from thinking that things might go awry.What if one of his professors encoded his grade wrong?what if there was a mistake.'what if,what if.'

He passed by the kitchen counter and paused in his steps when he saw Chanyeol's note.His face broke into a grin.

'I've made a sunny-side up and fried rice.You can heat up the rice if you want.Just don't skip breakfast.'❤

Baek reheated the rice as he was told,the smile still on his face.