RM 68

'Why does Chanyeol have this?'He knitted his brows and tried to come up with an explanation.'Wait..don't know each other yet during the first year.'

Baek tilted his head.Come to think of it,Chanyeol seemed to know alot about him,but he never told Baek how he knew them.Like his name.Or Kai.Or his first failed love.

He bit his lips as he stared at the photo.Then an idea hit him.He grabbed the photo album and slumped on the floor,checking every photo.While the first few page were from the vacation and other events like the party,there were photos where the focus was on him.Beautiful,candid shot as though that was how the photographer really saw Baek in his eyes.

Nothing made sense.These pictures where from the events after they met.They were unlike the first photo he saw.As he thought,his eyes landed at haphazardly covered paintings in the corner.

He laughed at an even wilder idea came to him ."No way."

Those paintings...of course not.He
Was thinking about this too much.
There would be no way,right?

Yet something nagged at the back of his mind.No matter how much he shoved it down,it always made its appearance.

He clicked his tongue."Fine.Just so you could have your peace of mind Baek.'

It was really nothing.It should be.It was not like his sweet and charming boyfriend was a creepy and perverted stalker.

He sauntered and gripped the corner of the cloth,taking a deep breath."If it was nothing,then I'll apologized to Chanyeol."

As he pulled the cloth,his mind went blank.The photo in his hand was replicated...or atleast tried to replicated to the canvas.And not just one.There were a lot of other unfinished versions of this photo,like the painter tried to create in a clean slate when he was not satisfied with the previous one.

Baek glanced at the painting next to it and found some more familiar-looking scene.Like that painting of the person sitting on a beanch in what seemed like the back of the art building.Then there were those bar seat where he used to sit with Kai.

"I'm not good at portraits but recently I've been trying to do it."

Didn't Chanyeol say something like that?Was he using Baek's picture to practice or was he practicing to paint Baek?

Chanyeol check his phone for what felt like the hundredth time already.He texted Baek,asking what he wanted to eat for dinner so that Chanyeol would dart to the nearest supermarket before going home,but Baek not had replied.

In fact,there was nothing from Baek since lunch.Not a single text.

On the way,he fished his phone from his pocket,hoping for a reply or anything from Baek. Nothing still.

He wanted to call,but Baek did not like it. And if Baek was ignoring his phone,like most of the time,he was more likely to ignore his call too.

'What made him busy?I thought he would be relaxing.'He sighed.He wanted to see Baek so bad.Baek was careful not to let his grades slip again,pushing himself to the limit.Today should have been there rest day together,and Chanyeol was loooking forward to that.

But he promise to make it up to his boyfriend so he went to the supermarket and bought ingredients.He wanted to cook Baek's favorite.He would give Baek the feast he deserved after working hard.Chanyeol smiled,eager to get home.

His smile was wiped away from his face when he opened the door to their apartment.A sense of foreboding came over him as he stared inside the empty place.It was quiet.Earily quiet.

"Baek?" he called out carefully,his eyes darted around,searching,it was dark inside.Could he have left.

With a frown Chanyeol checked the usual spot where Baek lazed around.The living room was empty.So as both of their rooms.That leaves one more place.

The storage room was slightly open.

His throat felt dry as his chest tudded.He allowed Baek inside the storage room before,but it still worried him to think of Baek wandering freely inside.He was fine with Baek touching his things.But there were some things in the room that  he would rather keep it a secret.Chanyeol did not even want think about how Baek would react if he knew of those things.

"Baek?" he called again.Fear gripped him even more as he silently crept inside the storage room.For some reason,he felt like he needed to be discreet for,like a thief in a heist.

His eyes immediately went straight to a particular corner of the room...and his heart dropped to the floor.His paintings were uncovered.Baek's failed portraits,among other things related to him,were there in all of their full glory.

He sucked in his breath as thougth that could calm his heart,as he searched for Baek.He found his boyfriend huddled in his favorite spot beside the window,asleep.In front of him,was an open photo album.

'Oh dear.Oh no.Not that.'

His hand felt cold and clammy.He was afraid to take a step closer even when Baek started stirring.He looked up at Chanyeol,
staring untill his eyes adjusted.

"Oh,good you're here."Baek yawned and did not take notice that Chanyeol stood like a statue.

"Explain this."

Baek showed the photo in his hand,and Chanyeol wanted the earth to swallow him right then and there.

Ignore my typos.thank you🙃🙃🙃