X.

It would soon be Jennie's birthday and Lisa wanted nothing to do with her.

Every year her birthday would fall exactly on the day back from Christmas break.
So adding to the stress of the whole back-to-school thing, there was the awkwardness of facing Jennie. On her birthday.

Lisa honestly didn't think she could go through a whole day dedicated to her best friend when she was still mad at her.
She had thought about bailing. But at the end her alarm had gone off at 6.50 a.m and up she went to get ready for the day.

She couldn't avoid her best friend on her special day, no matter how mad she was at her.

Plus, there was the whole "I don't really have a reason to be mad at you right now, except for you being you" so avoiding Jennie would only make the brunette grow more suspicious and, probably, more annoyed.

Even though she had decided to not skip school she still did everything in her power to arrive late.
There was no way she would endure half an hour of greetings and birthday wishes while she froze her ass off outside of school.

She entered the class only when the tardy bell rang, taking no chance to even accidentally meet the brunette in the hallway.

Jennie was the punctual one, everybody knew that. Lisa, on the other hand, wasn't; so it came to no surprise to her first period teacher, Mrs. August, when she excused herself for being late to class.

After being dismissed, she rapidly took her usual seat. Next to Jennie.

She looked amazing, Lisa thought.

She wore her hair down and was strangely wearing a simple outfit. It wasn't like her to look so basic, especially on her birthday. Jennie loved attention in whatever form it may come.

She was wearing a black sweater v-neck that enhanced her breasts and her thin waist. Lisa couldn't help but look at her. Even in her simplicity, she looked stunning. Lisa actually preferred seeing her dressed casual; it made Jennie look a little more human and lot less intimidating.

"Happy birthday Nini" Lisa greeted her with her favorite nickname.

Ever since they were younger, they liked to call themselves Nini and Lili. They would write their names on everything, as some sort of signature. Jennie's name always first.

"Thank you." She answered, before adding "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever"

To a stranger's eyes Jennie's face and expression could always pass as serene and peaceful, but if you took a closer look, her eyes always seemed to have a life of their own. It was almost like they didn't reflect the owner's will.

"Yeah, I know. I've been busy studying for finals and stuff" Lisa replied vaguely.

" So you haven't seen anyone this break?" Jennie's tone was still calm. But Lisa could sense how the conversation could easily transform into an inquisition if she said the wrong thing.

"Nope. My mum was away for work so I just enjoyed having the house to myself." She wasn't exactly telling a lie. She had indeed been alone for most of the Christmas break. Except for when Jisoo had shown up to her door. And Jungkook. But she hoped nobody knew about that.

"Jisoo told me she came over" Jennie now had an eyebrow arched up while looking at Lisa and feigning curiosity.

There it is, Lisa thought.

"I didn't plan on having her over. She just showed up." Lisa wasn't trying to justify herself. She was done making up excuses for doing nothing wrong.