Epilogue

Annika POV

Years have passed since that faithful day, and life has only gotten better. With Shima's hero career souring and Aoki retiring, we've decided to travel a bit and make the most of life. Toya is now a member of society once again; with less supervision and a fresh new start he and his family go down the path of healing.

Their father's career is on the rocks after the big reveal, but that also allowed him to reflect on his actions. This led him to strive down the road of forgiveness and try to make up for what he's done to his family.

The newer generation is coming in strong, and Shima has taken in a student or two as a mentor. Now, I rush through the kitchen, making sure everything is ready for the big dinner. Everyone is going to be here, and I'm making everyone's favorite. 

Aoki and Shima are getting everything set up in the living room since would dining room table isn't enough to house so many people. Taking the chicken out the frying pot, I let it sit on some paper towels. 

Washing my hands once more, I sigh, "I think that's the last dish. Dessert should be finished soon, so all I have to do is tidy up and wash the dishes. Ooh, I'm so excited for tonight!"

Collecting the dishes used to cook, I finish them swiftly before doing the rest of the kitchen. There wasn't a big mess, but I like to keep it nice and tidy. 

"Annika! They're here!"

I rush out, smiling at the conjoint tables with a long white cloth over them. With the table all set up, I smile at the boys, "Well done, you two!" Rushing to the door, I open the door and smile at our guest. 

The cold wind blows through the warm home as the snow tries to leave its trail. "Welcome!" I smile at the Todoroki's, letting them come in. It wasn't long until Keigo came flying down, baring gifts for the winter dinner. 

Thanking him, the family and friends get acquainted with each other as they sit down at the table. Coming into the kitchen, I start to bring out the variety of foods to pass around and enjoy.  It felt good to see everyone happy, everyone in peace. Passing the food around, I laugh with Aoki and Enji as we hear the other's stories. 

Clearing out the table, Anoki heads in the kitchen to get the dessert. Setting it on the table, we all take a slice of the delectable cake. While relaxing with one another, I stand and head outside. Looking up at the start sky, I release a small sigh, my breath forms within the cold air. 

"Mom?"

Turning, I see Shima and Aoki standing with their coats, holding mine; I gladly take it. Looking up at the stars together, I can't help but cry.

"I guess the future was in our favor."