Chapter 40

As I leave the hospital I call someone I haven't called in years.

I kept getting his voicemail which didn't surprise me. I kept calling but no one answered. I decided to go to his house.

I pulled up to his house but it looked empty. I got out of the car hesitantly looking around. I walked up to the door and knocked but the door opened on the second knock.

"Hello?...Mike?"

There was no answer. I walked around the house calling for him to I got no answer. I walked into this room with a bed. It was like a hospital bed. There was stuff all over the floor which could signal someone was here and struggled to get out.

I turned and walked upstairs. I called for Mike but same thing no response. I checked all the rooms and there was no sign of him. As I walked out of the room I saw a note.

NOTE:

If youre reading this I had to do it I couldn't keep it up anymore. He's old enough to know. Everyone else was just collateral for what they did to Dre. If you can't reach me then this letter is what's left of me. I died with my son knowing the truth and avenging my nephew's death.

Ps: I think its time for her to know the truth too

What is he talking about? Wait

I ran out of the house and hopped into my car. I called Dre but he wasn't picking up.

"Come on come on" I whispered to myself getting frustrated. I can't lose any more family.

I pulled up to his address and saw a bunch of yellow tape. No one was there so I parked the car to take a look.

I got out and stepped over the tape. The door seemed to be kicked in and the parts of the door that was still there had bullet holes. I stepped into the house and saw more holes made by bullets and spots of dried blood.

I continued and stepped on something. I looked and saw it was a picture of the family. There was a bullet hole in between the side where Maya and I were and my wife and Dre. I stood up with the picture in my hand and looked around.

Then something caught my eye. There was a necklace near a spot of dried blood. I walked over the got a closer look.

I have never seen this before