Chapter 44

"Um well it's really a long story-"

"I have time."

"When I was young like really young my dad um...he was killed. I didnt have the chance to have him in my life growing up which effected my mom leading to her drug addiction...um it was to the point where she couldn't take care for me and my siblings so we had to live with my grandparents music was always there. My dad use to rap a little and my grandparents always had music playing." She said I wiped away a tear that was falling down her cheek.

"When I was probably like 9 or 11 I would record myself singing and stuff *sniff* um but I danced. I went to the performing arts school for dancing and ended up becoming friends with the oldest son of D'Wayne Wiggins wh-"

"Sorry but you're telling me you've met Tony Toni Tone and you just decided to...become a doctor?" I asked and earned a slap on the shoulder.

"No now let me finish. Anyway me meeting his older son lead me into being apart of their band called Poplyfe. It was fun until it wasnt things went from happy and laughs to manipulating and agression. During that period I had also injured my knee which stopped me from dancing. So here I am no longer in a band no longer able to dance and no where to go."

Damn is all I could think. How is someone this talented not able to use there gifts.

"I would sing on the streets to get money to eat. Sometimes I ate sometimes I didn't. Then one day Nick Cannon was in town and was going somewhere and heard me singing. Ge told me he could help me out and get me where I wanted to be. I trusted him and believed him. I've dropped some mixtapes which are the songs you've been playing. Things were going well. I was dating this dude Jahron but people call him PartNextDoor-"

"Hold the fuck up you telling me that-" I was trying to make sense of what she was saying but she grabbed my lips and held them close shaking her head. She let go and continued.

"It was nice and stuff he would give me gifts and show me off to his friends. He wrote a song about me and everything but he started to cheating on me so I left. Like a few months later I started dating Kyrie-"

"As-" I said was cut off when he gave me a look I nodded my head.

"He was a really nice guy but I wasnt really over Jahron I never had closure and so me and Kyrie talked about it and came to a decision that we would put us on hold until I figured things out with Jahron. Our relationship wasnt really private but we wasnt discrete about us being together. One night I went to a party with my friends and Jahron was there I was super wasted and next thanking I know I'm being bashed on all social media platforms being called a cheater...I-I didnt have the self esteem  as I have now nor the mental stability to just be like "I dont care what yall think dont effect me." But it did because I was my mom was in and out of rehab my grandparents needed help with my younger siblings and now I'm a person in there early 20's who has been giving all there life trying to figure out how to navigate in this new environment of fake people and materialistic ideals that  while I was at Jahron's house I was strolling through comments and stuff and just wanted to leave so I attempted to kill myself."

When she said that I tightened my grip on her. She put her hands on mine and slid her thumb over my knuckles.

"Jahron was quick enough to get me to the hospital in time. Me being vulnerable and tired of being called out my name I posted a a pic of me in the hospital and a picture of Jahron on my bedside saying thank you for saving me. I deleted all my pictures and accounts to all my social media's. But it didnt stop there my friends came across a video of Chris Brown and Kyrie where he was contradicting my music and what it stands for and calling me out my name. Kyrie did what he could do and tried to tell everyone that we had talked before I got back together with Jahron but once labeled a cheater you're always going to be that. So I stepped away feeling like music was no longer what I wanted to do. Music always made me feel like an escape but when that happened to felt like I was unwanted and music became a negative energy source in my life. So I stepped away and went a different path my grandma was a nurse so when growing up she seemed like a super hero of some sort so I wanted to be that for my daughter so with the money I had saved up I put myself to Med. School and became a doctor while pregnant."