Chapter 59

"Honestly, I knew something wasn't right with the dates and things when we was younger. I never thought to ask about it because of mom and dad breaking up and getting back together, plus her struggle with her label at the time. I just went with it because, at the end of the day, you still my brother even if we didn't have the same people."

She said, sitting up and reaching for a box. She opened it and pulled out a blunt, and lit it. I get it, but it still hurts to know a huge part of my life was hidden from me.

"I knew what was going on, but I couldn't bring it to myself to say anything to you. Plus, mom told me not to, and she was going to tell you. It was never the right time to talk about it, so we just left it like it was." He told me.

I feel like my whole life is a lie, and the things I thought were true wasn't anymore.

"I feel like now; I don't know what's real. My whole life, I've been trying to get the attention of who I thought was my real father. I never understood why I was never treated like you guys."

"I've done so many things to other people because of this want for love by a person who could care less." I stopped, feeling myself getting mad.

"Then...then I find someone. A guy who I wished was my father. He did everything I wanted our...your dad to do. I've been deprived of something vital for a long time, and when I finally get what I want, it's taken from me in the same day."

I looked over at Stokeley when I said the last part. I know it needed to be done, so I don't blame anyone. I wish it didn't go down like it did.

"Lo-

"I don't blame you. You did what needed to be done. I just wish I didn't find out like that. There are so many questions I have for him now. I have to get over the fact that he will never answer them."

There was silence for a minute. I felt someone pull me to them.

"Look, I apologize for the part I played in this. You deserve to know about who you really are. I just want you to understand that you will and forever will be one of us."

I looked in the eyes of Y/n, trying to see if there was a lie in what was said. The more I looked, the more I seen nothing that would make me hesitant to believe her.

"You know I don't speak for other people, so I can't say anything in behalf of our parents or Ski, but I had a wake up call. The whole time in the hospital, all I could think about was who's gone be there to get on your nerves, or keep you on your toes, or push you to be ya best like I do. I fought death for you, man. You know, ill give everything I got for the people I love."

I leaned forward, putting my head in my hands taking a deep breath.

She is right. She goes hard for us, especially me. When we was kids, and other people would bully me, she would beat them up for me until I was able to fight for myself.

Even then, she still fought but with me. I really looked up to her and Stokeley. I wanted to be cool enough to hang out with them, and their friends Ski would never let me hang out, but she did.

Almost losing her through all this bullshit really hit me harder than finding out who my real father is. I don't know what would've happened if she didn't pull through. I know for sure Stokeley would've cut us off and moved away.

He doesn't like to deal with his problems head on and publicly. I get it, though. People deal with stuff differently, and he been through a lot of shit, so I don't blame him. I just wish he knew how we got his back.

"Jah, look, I can't take back the past, but I can help shape the future; let's make a pact right here, right now, that from here on out, no matter what happens, we stick together and tell each other what's going on with us."

We looked at each other in the eyes to see any uncertainty. When we saw we all agreed we put our hands together.

We did this handshake we used to do when we were younger. It was our own way of a pinky promise.

My phone started vibrating, and I checked it was my girl. I've been ghosting her because of what's been going on.

I looked up and saw Y/n whispering something in Alexus's ear. They got up, and she followed Y/n upstairs.

Me and Ski looked and each other and shook our heads in amusement.

????????¿¿¿¿~~~~~~~~¿¿¿¿????????

A/N
How yall feelin wit dis chapter?

P.S. sorry for the typos and grammar