Chapter 30

Maya is left alone in her hospital room. There were so many machines hooked up to her that you couldn't even see her.

The doctors were hoping for a miracle but the way things were looking things didnt seems as though that would happen. Maya body just lays there with no meaning as Chrystal peeks in.

She broke but knew not to show it because Maya never liked people crying over her. Chrystal walked in and closed her eyes taking a deep breath before opening them.

She walked over and grabbed Maya's hand feeling the coldness in her finger tips. She knew that the only thing keeping Maya here was the machines.

"You remember that song you would sing to me when I was sad?"

Chrystal said knowing that Maya couldn't hear her. Her voice cracked a little, she grabbed a chair and sat down.

" I know that it's really a duet but at the moment you can sing your parts so I'll just sing them myself...I've been practicing."

She chuckled at the last part of what she said.

For you, there'll be no more crying.
For you, the sun will be shining.
And I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright, I know it's right.

To you, I'll give the world.
To you, I'll never be cold.
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright, I know it's right.

And the songbirds are singing, like they know the score.
And I love you, I love you, I love you, like never before.

And I wish you all the love in the world.
But most of all, I wish it from myself.

And the songbirds keep singing, like they know the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before, like never before, like never before.

"I know that you're going to pull through I just know it. You've never let me down so dont start."

She said talking through her tears. She kissed Maya's hand and held it for a minute longer. When she pulled away she left the wetness of her tears behind.

She held her hand until she could take the site of what was in front of her anymore and left but not without giving Maya a kiss on the forehead.

Y/n P.O.V

So it's been to days and I'm doing better I'm able to walk around now which is great because I get to get out the bed. Jahseh has been giving me updates on both Alexus and Maya. Alexus is awake now but she is on bed rest and he told me that Maya is the same as before.

I honestly do hope she makes it yeah she's done so messed up things in her life but who hasn't. Maya is still a significant part of my life.

Jahseh told me about what happened that day and what Mike told him. It has me thinking though, if Mike is his dad and he's Maya's uncle that makes him Maya's cousin and him and Chrystal related.

If they're related and he's my half brother that means Maya's my cousin right?

Anyway its gross to think that I might have had a full blown relationship with my half cousin? Still cousin or not Maya's been there and for me not being there for her right now is hurting me.

Chrystal came and saw me a few hours ago she told me she's been going to see Maya and things. I guess that's nice they are close and haven't seen each other in a while and the time they reconnect this happens.

I honestly dont remember much from that night all I remember is punches and kicking and then black. Right now I'm walking down the hall too the room Chrystal told me Maya was in and I couldn't help but shed tears at what I saw.

To see such a strong person look so fragile in  this moment made everything seem surreal.

"Fuck Maya" I whispered as i walked closer to her bed. I sat down and just stared at her wondering if me staring was going to help. 10 minutes later and nothing changed.

"I know the last we was together...well that I remember wasnt very memorable I said a lot of stuff that I did mean but could've said differently. If I would've known that we would end up here I would've just kept my mouth closed."

I shook my head at how numb and stupid I was that day. I wanted revenge I wanted her to hurt more than she hurt me and I regret that its the last conversation I remember us having.

"You know that I will always have love for you always no matter what. But I want you to know that you got to make it you have to pull through because I want to apologize to you for that day knowing you are able to respond."

I grabbed her hand

"It feels weird without hearing your bold responses and you cutting me off every other word so you can give me a piece of your mind."

I chuckled and shook my head

"Maya I know you think I hate you but to be honest I never hated you I just cant hate you not even if done what you done a million times and I caught every one of them. I just need for you to wake up so we can talk o-"

I dont know if it's my meds kicking in but I think i just felt her hand twitch.