Chapter Eleven

I glanced around the room and saw it was a mess. I sighed and quickly threw my books into a box. I ran my hands through my hair and looked around at the mammoth task before me. It was going to take hours.

I looked up and smiled as Nathan wandered into the room. He grinned at me and threw himself down on the bed.

"Get off my clothes." I protested as I slapped his arm so that he would move.

He grinned at me and handed me my clothes.

"You excited about it?" he asked happily.

"Yeah I am, but it's sad too." I sighed.

I looked around the room.

"I'm going to miss this place." I added as I packed more books into a box.

He smiled at me sympathetically.

"It's exciting though, a new chapter." he pointed out.

I sighed and hesitated for a moment.

"I just hope I've made the right decision." I whispered.

I sat in silence for a moment, as the realisation of what I was doing finally dawned upon me. I knew in my head that I was making the right decision but my heart was saying otherwise. I loved living here, it was my home. It had become my little sanctuary, away from all the problems of the outside world. Mine and Jay's sanctuary.

I had always been a home buddy and I hated the thought of leaving, but I knew that Nathan was right. This was a new and exciting adventure for us. A new chapter in our lives.

"Have you done your packing already?" I asked him.

He nodded.

"I don't have as much stuff as you." he grinned cheekily.

I glared at him and continued packing, as he watched me.

"You could always help you know." I pointed out.

"I'll help by just chilling here." he grinned.

I sighed and looked up as I saw a movement in the doorway. I locked eyes with Jay and instantly looked away. He didn't say anything so I quickly glanced at him and saw a strange expression that I couldn't interpret, on his handsome features.

"So you almost done?" he asked quietly as he leant against the door frame.

I nodded and didn't look up. The silence was painful, neither one of us knew what to say to the other. Even Nathan had fallen quiet for once.

"I need to get some more boxes." I stated and made myway towards the door. I waited for a moment, expecting him to move out of my way but he didn't.

"Excuse me." I said, eventually looking up at me.

Impulsively he reached out and pulled me into a hug. I sighed as I relaxed into his arms. I had missed this, I was finally back where I belonged.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he whispered in my ear.

"Yes." I replied softly as I gently removed myself from his arms and wandered downstairs looking for more boxes.