Chapter Twenty Two

A few days passed and the boys had eventually told the others about their plans for a promo tour. The management agreed that we could have a few days abroad before they started.

I hadn't spoken to Jay since our argument, he'd tried several times, but I'd managed to successfully avoid him. I'd even kept my distance from Max, as I was concerned that I'd given him the wrong idea.

I sat at the airport departure lounge, Sophie on one side of me and Nathan on the other.

"I just want to get there now, I'm so excited!" Sophie squealed.

"Have you ever been to Tenerife?" Nathan asked her.

She shook her head.

"It's all sex and drinking from what I've heard." I said looking up from my magazine.

"Jay should fit in well." I added loud enough for him to hear.

As soon as the comment left my mouth I realised how petty I sounded.

He didn't respond.

I quickly put my headphones in and turned up the volume. It was going to be a long flight.

Luckily the flight passed quickly, mainly because I slept for most of it. Before I knew it we had landed in Tenerife. We were bustled into a taxi and taken to the hotel.

The hotel was breathtaking, it was nestled right on the beach.

"Get me on that beach right about now!" Max exclaimed when he saw the view.

As soon as we reached the beach, I sat on the sand. It felt good to relax and gaze out at the ocean. Staring out at the calm ocean helped me forget about the problems I'd been having.

I smiled as I saw Tom, Siva, Max and Kelsey messing around in the ocean.

"We should join them." Nathan said to Sophie as they sat beside me.

"You guys go, I'm going to stay here and chill out for a while." I told him as I stripped down to my bikini.

"What the hell is that?!" Nathan exclaimed as he pointed at the tattoo on my hip.

I'd totally forgotten until now, that I hadn't told him about it.

"Obviously it's a tattoo." I said rolling my eyes.

"When did you get it?!" he exclaimed.

"Ages ago, when you weren't around." I sighed.

"It's not a big deal." I added.

"I think it's quite pretty." Sophie said.

I smiled slightly as Nathan turned and glared at her. She put her hands up in defence.

"I guess you're old enough to make your own decisions." he said quietly.

I rolled my eyes at him.

I watched as he took Sophie's hand and they walked away. I turned as I felt someone watching me. I locked eyes with Jay and instantly looked away. I could still feel him staring at me.

"What's the problem?" I snapped.

I looked up at him and saw that he was staring at my tattoo.

"Have you shown me the tattoo before?" he asked.

"Nope, it never came up." I said shortly.

He continued staring at it.

"It's just a flower, it's really not that exciting." I stated impatiently.

"It seems familiar." he said as he stepped closer to me, still staring at the tattoo. He seemed completely fascinated by it.

"I've definitely seen it before." he whispered softly as he gently brushed it with his thumb.

I frowned at him. Of course he'd seen it before, and I knew exactly when. I was amazed that he remembered, even though he didn't know where he'd seen it. I felt my skin tingling as he continued stroking it as he frowned at me. I could see that he was desperately trying to figure things out. I frowned at him as he placed his hands on my waist. My heart was beating fast, he seemed to have this effect on me.

"I've missed being around you." he said gently.

As soon as he said those words, I stepped back. I couldn't allow this to happen. We couldn't go back to the way things were. As much as I missed him, I felt safer when kept my distance. Like it would be harder to get hurt. I knew that I needed to move on with my life, I couldn't spend the rest of it pining for him. I needed to get over him and quickly.

I looked away from him, unable to look him in the eyes. I knew that if I did, I would cave in. I quickly walked away before he had a chance to say anything else.