Chapter Four

I slowly wandered downstairs and saw that Jay was sitting on the sofa the remote in his hand, poised to start the movie. I sat next to him and rested my feet on his lap. He smiled at me and quickly turned on the movie.

"I really don't understand why you are so obsessed with this movie." I grinned, teasing him.

"Are you kidding, it's a great movie!" he exclaimed.

"I still can't believe that you named Tia after one of the characters from the film." I said.

He glared at me for a moment before grinning mischievously. I squealed as he began to tickle my feet.

"Cut it out!" I squealed.

"Take it back then." he grinned.

"Okay, okay, I take it back it's a great film!"  I exclaimed.

He smiled in satisfaction and instantly stopped tickling me.

I awoke with a start. I quickly looked around and saw Jay crouched on the floor taking the DVD out.

"Sorry did I wake you?" he asked.

"It's fine." I replied quietly as I gently rubbed my eyes.

"Trust you to fall asleep during the film." he said rolling his eyes playfully.

"I told you it was a rubbish film." I grinned.

He made a move towards me, but I was to quick for him. I ran out of the room and into my bedroom. I could hear his laughter echoing around the flat.

The following morning, I was a woken by someone whispering in my ear.

"JAY YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!" I shouted as I virtually flew out of bed.

I turned to him and saw a mischievous glint in his eye.

"What have you done with Jay Mcguiness?" I asked him.

"What are you talking about?" he frowned.

"You getting up early two mornings running, surely not." I smirked at him.

He rolled his eyes.

"I'm taking you out." he said.

"No you're not, I have to study." I sighed.

"You can do that later." he grinned.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise." he answered.

I rolled my eyes.

"What should I wear?" I asked.

"Something warm." he grinned as he walked out of the room, leaving me to get changed.

After I had got dressed, I wandered downstairs and saw Jay waiting at the foot of the stairs.

"You ready?" he asked happily.

I nodded and followed him.

The car journey was silent, I didn't really want to talk to him as I was too busy worrying about my upcoming exams.

Eventually we reached a sports centre and I slowly followed Jay inside.

"You know that I suck at sport, right?" I asked him.

"It'll be fun." he said mysteriously.

I rolled my eyes and followed him inside. I frowned as he led me over to an ice-rink.

"Cool, this is something I can actually do." I grinned at him as I sat down and put a pair of skates on.

"You've done it before?" he asked.

"I went for my birthday one year." I said thoughtfully.

"Oh yeah, I remember Nathan saying that he almost broke his wrist." he grinned.

My smile faded as he mentioned Nathan.

"Oh god, I'm sorry, me and my foot in mouth disease." he said quickly.

"It's fine, I just don't want to talk about him." I said quickly as I walked over to the ice and quickly glided to the other side.

As I reached the other side of the ice, I looked back and saw that Jay was trying to follow me, but he kept falling over. I laughed as he stopped and grabbed hold of the rails. I skated back towards him.

"For a dancer, you don't have much coordination." I teased him.

He smirked at me and skated towards me. He managed a small distance before he slipped and fell over. He glared up at me as I laughed at him.

After I had finally stopped laughing I held out my hand to help him up. He shook his head.

"I'll pull you over." he said.

"No you won't." I said as I pushed my pick firmly into the ice.

He took my hand and allowed me to pull him up.

He wobbled and fell against me. I winced slightly as my back hit into the barriers. I felt my heart pounding against my chest as his body rested against mine as he fought to regain his balance. I couldn't help but stare at his beautiful blue eyes, they were such a deep blue it was impossible not to get lost in them. His face was so close to mine that our lips were virtually touching. I found myself longing to kiss him, to know the taste of his lips.

He looked at me and smiled when he finally regained his balance. He quickly moved away and I felt my heart sink.

He cleared his throat uncomfortably.

"I've decided to apply for that band audition that you found." he said clearly trying to change the subject.

I nodded slowly, to disappointed to speak.

"We should go, I have to study." I eventually whispered, before skating away from him.