Chapter Thirty One

Sophie's POV

I sighed as I finally got home after a long day at school. I couldn't wait until the day that I could leave forever. I quickly grabbed a ready meal and placed it in the microwave. I sat at the kitchen table , I was just so tired.

I looked up as I heard the front door close.

"Hey!" I heard Anna call.

"Hi sweetie." I called back.

"Something smells good." she stated as she wandered into the kitchen.

"It's just pasta, you can have some if you want?" I offered.

"Only if you're sure." she smiled.

"Yeah of course, I won't be able to eat it all anyway." I told her.

"Thanks hun." she smiled at me.

"Where are Nareesha and Kels?" she asked.

"Shopping I think." I said.

"Have you heard from Jay?" I added.

She shook her head sadly.

"They might be busy, I haven't heard from Nathan today." I said trying to reassure her.

"I suppose I'd better get changed." she stated, clearly trying to change the subject.

I watched her walk away sadly. I knew that she was hurt because of Jay's actions. It seemed to keep happening. I almost began to wonder if he actually deserved her.

"Do you have any washing?" I called up the stairs before I switched on the machine.

I chuckled when she didn't answer. She must have fallen asleep I thought to myself.

I put powder into the machine and switched it on. I screamed as I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist.

"Guess who?" I heard a voice say.

"NATHAN!" I squealed as I spun around and hugged him tightly.

"Hey babe." he laughed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, still not letting go of him.

"We got all the promo stuff done faster than we thought so I decided to surprise you." he grinned.

"So who else is home?" I asked.

"Is it not enough that your gorgeous boyfriend is here?" he pouted.

I eventually let go of him and slapped his arm playfully.

"The others are coming back tomorrow." he stated.

I turned around as I saw Anna walking slowly down the stairs. I frowned when I saw that she was shaking and was as white as a sheet.

"Hey little sis." Nathan said cheerfully when he saw her.

She ignored him and continued staring at the floor. I knew how close she was to Nathan, it wasn't like her to ignore him.

"You okay sweetie?" I asked her.

"I need to talk to you." she whispered.

I knew from her tone that something was wrong.