Chapter Thirty Two

Sophie's POV

I slowly followed her upstairs, my brain spinning as I wondered what could possibly be wrong. I wanted to know so that I could try and help her, but at the same time I was afraid of what she might say. I followed her into her bedroom and watched as she closed the door behind herself. I watched her with baited breath.

Anna's POV

I turned to Sophie and watched her as she perched nervously on the edge of my bed. I knew that I was probably scaring her, but I had to tell someone. I couldn't deal with this on my own. I needed to speak to someone that I trusted and I knew that I could trust her. I couldn't find the words to tell her.

"What's going on?" she asked nervously.

"I can't..." I started as I tears began to roll down my cheeks.

"You can tell me." she said kindly.

I knelt on the floor and didn't fight the tears any longer. I didn't have the strength to resist. I allowed them to flow freely down my cheeks.

"Whatever it is, it can't be that bad." she tried.

"I just don't know what to do." I sobbed.

"I can't help unless you tell me what is going on." she pointed out as she knelt beside me.

"I'm pregnant!" I blurted.

She stared at me, as her jaw dropped. The silence was painful as I waited for her to process the information.

"Have you told Jay?" she asked.

"No, I haven't even spoken to him since he left, I only just found out!" I exclaimed, becoming slightly hysterical.

"Oh my god." she whispered.

"I suddenly realised that I was late so I did a pregnancy test." I said as I stood up and started to pace.

"It'll be fine, just calm down." she said.

"I don't know what to do!" I exclaimed.

"You need to calm down and think about things." she told me.

"I can't." I said still pacing.

"Maybe you should talk to Jay and see what he says." she suggested.

"I'm not ready to tell him yet." I admitted.

"Well you can't really make any decisions without speaking to him." she pointed out.

"It's my body I can do what I want!" I snapped.

"Besides he doesn't even remember that we slept together." I added.

"I've made a decision." I said as I instantly stopped pacing.

"What?" she asked.

"I don't want to keep the baby." I said quietly.

"You're not..." she started.

"Yes, I'm going to have an abortion." I interrupted her.