Chapter Six

I awoke the following morning, still wearing Jay's jacket. My heart stopped as the events from last night came flooding back. He seemed to have a habit of hurting me without even knowing what he was doing.

I looked up sharply as the door opened and he walked in. I frowned as I noticed that his hair was a mess.

"Where were you last night?" I whispered.

"Does it matter." he replied.

"Why are you wearing my jacket?" he frowned.

"I was cold last night!" I snapped.

He shrugged.

"I have to shower." he said before walking into the bathroom and closing the door.

I quickly took off his jumper and threw it onto the sofa. It was obvious that he had spent the night with Hannah. My heart broke just thinking about it. I quickly dressed, I didn't even care that I hadn't showered, I just knew that I had to get away before he emerged from the bathroom. I quickly grabbed my bag and ran towards the door. I jumped as the bathroom door opened and Jay walked out.

"Where are you going?" he called after me.

"Does it matter!" I snapped before walking out and slamming the door.

I knew that I was being childish, I just couldn't stand to be around him at the moment. Everytime that I looked at him all I could see was an image of him dancing with Hannah and the way he kissed her..

I shook my head, desperately trying to clear the images. I needed to stay focused for the exam, I couldn't let thoughts of him distract me. As I stood outside the hall, waiting for the exam to start, I winced as I saw Hannah walking towards me. I turned away from her slightly, hoping that she wouldn't speak to me.

"I am so tired." she yawned.

I smiled.

"I had a late one last night." she grinned.

I felt like she had plunged a knife into my heart. I bit my lip to keep myself from crying.

"You okay?" she asked.

I was saved from answering by the door to the hall opening and the invigilator gesturing for us to come in. I took a deep breath and entered the hall.