Chapter Nineteen

I crawled under the covers and began to sob. I hugged one of the pillows tightly, desperately trying to get some comfort from it. I sighed when I realised that the sheets still smelt of Jay's aftershave. I hugged them tighter. I felt protected under the duvet. My own little cocoon away from the world. I wanted to hide away and never speak to anyone ever again. If only he had remembered what had happened, I would give anything. I wanted him to hold me and tell me that everything would be alright, but I knew it would never happen. He would never hold me in the way that I longed for.

Jay's POV

I watched as she ran out of the room, tears streaming down her face. I couldn't understand why she was so upset.

"What was that all about?" I asked Nathan.

"I don't know, something must have happened when she went back out." he replied running his hands through his hair.

"But why won't she just tell us." I frowned.

"Well I guess she was embarrassed by it." he said quietly.

I had no idea why she was so upset, so she had a one night stand, everybody had them, it's not a big deal. Why was she making it into such an issue?

"But we all have one night stands." I pointed out.

"It's a big thing for her." he said quietly.

"Why?" I asked him.

"She doesn't do things like that normally." he said uncomfortably.

"Well maybe she shouldn't get so drunk next time." I said.

"Maybe you should have taken her home like you said you would!" he snapped.

"I did, she already told you she went back out again!" I snapped back.

"Okay ladies are you're done arguing?" Sophie interrupted sarcastically.

I smiled at her as she walked past us and left the room.

"Where are you going?" Nathan called after her.

"To check on your sister." she told him as she walked away.

"I can go." Max offered.

"It's fine, girls only." she called.

Anna's POV

I frowned as I felt someone climb into the bed beside me.

"Anna." I heard Sophie say as she tapped me.

I slowly removed myself from the covers and sat up.

"What's wrong?" she asked gently.

"I already told you." I sighed.

She looked at me and raised her eyebrow skeptically.

"I'm not the boys, I know something else is going on." she told me.

I sighed. I didn't know where to begin.

"The one night stand part is true, but I thought it would be more than that. I thought it was the beginning of a relationship." I admitted.

I instantly felt an overwhelming sense of relief, that I had finally told someone the truth.

She watched me closely as I picked my nails uncomfortably. I knew that she was waiting for me to continue.

"I don't usually do things like that unless they mean something." I confessed.

"Yeah that's what Nathan said." she said quietly.

I angrily wiped the tears away from my cheeks.

"It was your first time, wasn't it?" she asked gently.

I nodded, unable to look at her.

"Oh Anna." she said as she pulled me into a hug.

I cried as she held me gently in her arms.

"I just wish I hadn't been such an idiot." I admitted when I pulled away from her.

"Have you tried getting in touch with the guy, to see if he feels the same as you do?" she asked quietly.

"Yeah, he doesn't." I whispered.

We sat in silence for a moment.

"I just love him so much!" I sobbed randomly as I held my head in my hands.

She wrapped her arm around my shoulders and rocked me slightly.

"There's something else going on, this doesn't add up." she pointed out.

"I can't..." I said hesitantly.

"You can trust me, I won't tell anyone." she told me.

I shook my head. I couldn't even say the words aloud, I knew that it would hurt to much.

"Is it something to do with Jay?" she asked.

My head snapped round to look at her.

"What makes you say that?" I asked quickly.

"I've seen the way you look at him." she announced.

"Do you regret sleeping with that guy coz you want Jay?" she added.

I shook my head.

"What then?" she insisted.

"I'm in love with Jay." I whispered.

She gasped.

"And we slept together last night." I added.