Chapter Thirty Four

I turned around and saw Nathan watching me sadly.

"How did you know?" I whispered as he walked towards me.

"Sophie told me." he answered.

I shook my head.

"Don't be angry with her, she didn't know what else to do. She wants to stop you from making a mistake." he pointed out.

"It's not a mistake if it's the right decision for me!" I exclaimed.

"Are you sure that it is?" he asked.

"Yes!" I snapped.

"Have you discussed it with the father?" he asked.

I frowned as I realised that he didn't know about Jay.

"I know it was just a one night stand, but can't you try and contact the guy?" he added.

I shook my head.

"Is it already done?" he asked quietly.

"No, I have to take a tablet." I admitted.

He stood and stared at me. I knew from his expression that he was trying to figure out what I was thinking.

"I just want to go home." I whispered.

He nodded and wrapped his arm around my waist as he walked with me.

"Take a few days to think about it, and you know that I'm here for you if you want to talk." he said kindly.

I nodded and remained silent for the rest of the long walk home.

Eventually we made it back to the house and I frowned as I heard voices coming from the lounge.

"The rest of the boys are back." Nathan announced.

I quickly walked into the hall, hoping to avoid them. I didn't feel like socialising right now.

I jumped as Jay walked around the corner.
"Hey, I've missed you." he said pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah well I thought you'd call." I said.

"I know, I should have called but if I'd heard your voice, I wouldn't have been able to stay away." he said.

I looked up at him to see if he was messing around, but his face was serious.

"I didn't realise how much you meant to me until you got taken and I thought I'd never see you again." he said thoughtfully.

"What are you saying?" I said, slightly confused.

"I'm saying that I know I've been an arse but I'm in love with you." he whispered.

I stared at him as tears flowed down my cheeks. I'd been longing to hear those words for so long that it almost didn't seem real. It felt like I was dreaming.

"Please say something." he said quietly.

Nathan and Sophie were right, I needed to tell him. He had a right to know. I didn't know how to tell him and I was afraid that he would reject me. I'd wanted him for so long, that I couldn't lose him now.

"I have something to tell you too." I stated, taking a deep breath.