Chapter Eight

I gasped as I realised that it was him. I hadn't seen him in so long and it suddenly dawned on me, just how much I'd missed him.

I couldn't see very well, as tears were blurring my vision, but I ran over to him and threw myself into his arms.

"Anna." I heard him whisper in confusion.

I kept my arms around him tightly, almost afraid to let go.

"I have missed you so much." I sobbed.

"I'm so sorry." he said when I eventually let go of him.

"Where have you been?" I whispered.

"Just travelling. I didn't want to be with Dad anymore." he said quietly.

"I understand that, but you could have taken me with you or even visited." I told him.

"I looked for you, I went to Dad's but you weren't there, he said that you had left too." he stated.

"Yeah I didn't want to be there without you, I would spend hours alone, he was never interested in me." I told him.

"Yeah I know." he sighed.

"I am so sorry, it was selfish of me to leave you." he added.

"It's okay." I said before hugging him again.

"I'm just glad that you are here now." I added.

"Where did you go when you left Dad's?" he asked.

"To live with Jay." I said quietly.

"Jay, your friend from school?" he questioned.

"Yeah, so." I said defensively.

"Nothing, I just think it's great that you guys are still in touch." he smiled.

I turned as I heard Jay appear behind me. I saw him frown and look between the two of us.

"Nathan Sykes please." someone from the panel called.

He smiled at me and quickly walked out onto the stage.

As soon as he was out of earshot, Jay turned to me.

"Wow, Nathan is here!" he exclaimed.

"Yep." I grinned.

"I'm so happy for you." he said as he placed his hand on my waist. I looked down at his hand and frowned.

"I'm going to make sure we stay together this time." I said quietly.

"Is he sticking around?" he asked.

"I think so, but if not I'll leave with him." I told him.

"You'd just pack up and leave, what about your course?!" he exclaimed.

I scoffed.

"Yeah I would, there's nothing here for me anymore." I said as I looked at the floor.

He slowly removed his hand from my waist and looked at me in shock.

It was how I felt, I wasn't enjoying my course anymore and now that Nathan was back I was no longer alone. We could leave together and then I wouldn't have to be around Jay anymore. I wouldn't have to watch him with girls and have my heart ripped out of my chest.

Jay's POV

I stared at her in complete shock as she said those words. She was considering leaving with Nathan and going god knows where. I couldn't understand why she would do that. I thought we were close. I felt sick to my stomach at the very thought of her leaving and potentially never seeing her again. It couldn't happen. I needed her more than she knew.