Chapter Thirty Three

Sophie stared at me, completely speechless. I knew that she disagreed with me. I knew that it was morally grey to make a decision as big as this without speaking to Jay, but I couldn't help the way I felt. We weren't even in a relationship, god knows if we ever would be. I didn't know how to begin to tell him the news, so it almost became easier not too.

"It's better this way." I told her, trying to convince myself as much as her.

"If that's what you want." she said quietly.

"Maybe you'll feel different in the morning." she added.

I shrugged, I hated feeling this confused. I didn't even know my own mind.

"I'll let you rest." she said as she stood up.

"Soph!" I called after her.

"Yep." she replied.

"You can't tell anyone." I said quietly.

"I won't, but you should." she muttered as she left and closed the door behind herself.
I sighed and quickly climbed into bed.

Sophie's POV

I wandered downstairs, trying to clear my head before I had to face Nathan.

"Is everything okay babe?" he asked as soon as he saw me.

"Yeah just girl talk." I said quickly.

I hated lying to him, especially as she was his sister and he had a right to know.

He looked at me for a while, a look of concern on his handsome features.

"Fair enough." he eventually said.

The following morning I awoke to the sound of someone moving around. I rubbed my eyes and climbed out of bed.

"Hello!" I called as I walked downstairs.

"It's just me, sorry if I scared you." Anna called back.

"Where are you going?" I asked as she gathered her belongings into her handbag.

"I've booked an appointment." she said quietly.

"You're going through with it?!" I exclaimed.

"Yep." she muttered.

I stared at her. I had no idea what to say or do to make her stop and think about what she was doing.

"I'd better go." she said as she walked past me.

I watched her go, feeling completely helpless. I had to do something.

Anna's POV

I walked to the clinic quickly, I needed to get this over with so that I could forget about it.

As I sat in the waiting room, I began to get nervous. I couldn't help but worry whether I was doing the right thing or not.

I followed one of the nurses as she called my name.

"So we'll give you an ultrasound first." she said kindly.

I nodded and watched as she squirted some gel onto my stomach and began to move the scanner around. I frowned at her as she gasped.

"What is it?" I asked.

"You're carrying twins." she said quietly.

I smiled slightly to myself in amazement. I guess twins really did run in families.

"Wow." I breathed.

I didn't look at the screen, the last thing I wanted was to become attached to them. I needed to do this.

Eventually she switched off the scanner and handed me a tablet.

"You need to take this tablet when you feel ready and then come back two days later for the next one." she told me.

"Thanks." I muttered sadly as I took the tablet from her.

I stood up and walked out, my head spinning. I felt a complete turmoil of emotions.

I stopped dead in my tracks as I heard a voice calling me:

"Anna, please tell me I'm not to late!"