CHAPTER 40

I didn't really talk to Draco. I tried to ignore him as much as possible. He only spoke to me when necessary. I knew he felt bad. I also felt bad though. Hiding the marks from him. I knew he'd go on about it and wouldn't stop until he found something to get rid of them. I didn't want that. I wanted him to go away. He broke up with me after all. He was just hurting me more by being around. Knowing that he was there but I couldn't have him.

I barely moved from his bed. I didn't have the energy. My mother had gone mad at Bellatrix. She hadn't come to see me, Draco said she didn't want to startle me more. I wasn't sure anything that happened could startle me more. I couldn't feel anything. I had no tears left. I'd just sit, staring into nothing, thinking about everything that happened.

It had been about a week before my mother finally decided to come and see me.

"Hello dear" She said as she closed the door quietly behind her.

"Hi" I mumbled. My throat was raspy from not really talking to anyone.

"How are you ?" She asked softly, as she sat on the edge of the bed.

"Just fantastic" I said sarcastically.

"Alright, stupid question" She chuckled, "It's time for you to go though now"

"Good" I said.

I stood up from the bed, already knowing the way to the front door. I walked down the stairs and I could hear a male voice from the drawing room. I looked in as I walked past and saw my father, with his sleeve rolled up, presenting his dark mark.

"What. The. Fuck." I say in shock. There was no way he was one of them.

I turned around to face my mother and she wasn't even shocked.

"You knew ?" I yelled at her.

She rolled her own sleeve up, to reveal her very own dark mark imprinted on her left arm. I felt sick. That's why Bellatrix was here.

"We were going to tell you" She said.

"That's why you left me isn't it ? All those years ago." I yell. I turn around to my father who has finally noticed me. I turned back to my mother, my eyes shooting completely black again.

"Dear you need to calm down, your eyes" My mother whispers to me.

"I want nothing to do with you two!" I scream.

I ran for the door and slammed it as hard as I could behind me. I grabbed my wand from my pocket and apparated back to Hogwarts, the only place I somewhat felt safe anymore.

DRACO'S POV

I could hear her screaming at her parents. I watched from around the corner, not daring to be seen. I felt fucking awful. She was going to find out that I was one of them and be heartbroken again. I dared to think how'd she react at it being me.

I heard the door slam and the manor went silent. I came out from around the corner and found Mel in tears. What was I going to do ? She'd never forgive me. I'd lose her forever. Whatever I did I didn't win.

"She's never going to forgive me is she ?" I asked Mel, tears threatening to fall from my own eyes.

"She's stubborn, but she'll come around soon" Mel sniffled.

I wasn't too sure about that. She was more than stubborn than they knew.

Shortly after Y/N apparated back to Hogwarts so did I. I tried to avoid her as much as possible. I don't think she realises it's just as hard for me to see her, especially in the state she's in.

I walked into the great hall and luckily she wasn't in there. Probably in her dorm, crying her eyes out. What I'd give to make sure she was okay, but I couldn't give in. It would get her killed.

I sat and ate and then went to continue my mission in fixing the vanishing cabinet. I had nothing better to do now. I didn't want to spend my time socialising with other people,, that I didn't like as it was.

I began fixing the cabinet. I used the same spell but it still made no difference. Nothing fucking worked.

"You've got to be joking"