CHAPTER 29

My head was pounding. My eyes felt sore and i could barely open them. I could smell potions brewing and cleaning products around me. I clearly wasn't in my dorm room.

When i finally managed to open my eyes i was blinded by the daylight shining in through the window opposite me. I was in the hospital wing. I had no idea why. The last thing i could remember was walking into the potions classroom.

I pulled myself up and was hit with a wave of vertigo, instantly wishing i hadn't bothered.
"You're awake dear" Madame Pomfrey said rushing over to my side.
"W-what happened ?" I said through my croaking voice.
She instantly poured me a glass of water and passed it to my shaking hands.
"You don't remember anything dear ?"
"The last thing i remember is walking into the potions classroom"
"well you were-"
"Y/N oh thank god you're okay!"

A platinum blond haired boy came rushing in and engulfed me in his arms, nearly strangling me. When he finally let go i looked up at his pale face and noticed the dark bags under his eyes and the sharp cheekbones, yet he was smiling, he was...happy.

"Do i know you ?" I croaked, rather confused.
His face instantly dropped.
"W-what ?"
"I don't know you ?" I said.
He looked up at Madame Pomfrey.
"Why can't she remember me ?"
"I'm not sure. I must speak with Professor Snape and find a potion"
His face contorted with anger and he stormed out, making me jump as he slammed the door.

Madame Pomfrey continued to explain what happened, and how i had been in the hospital wing for just over a week. I still couldn't remember a thing. I tried to rack my brain for a single memory of that day but nothing was coming to mind, nothing made sense.

An hour went past and Madame Pomfrey said i was free to go until she found me some sort of potion to bring back whatever apparent memories i had lost.

I slowly pulled myself up, off the bed and made my way to the door. I opened it and was instantly hit by something. I stumbled back slightly but before i could hit the ground a pair of big cold hands had grabbed my wrists.
"Are you okay ?" The platinum blond boy asked.
"Yes, sorry" I said, a little shaken up.

I looked down at his hands and his knuckles were bruised and blood was pouring from them. I looked up and his eyes were puffy. He had obviously been crying.
"What happened ?" I asked quietly.

DRACO'S POV

She looked at me with sadness in her eyes. Before i could give her some sort of answer she'd grabbed her wand from her pocket and summoned a wet cloth. Just like before. Just like before when i had fucked up because i told myself i couldn't love her.

I was so deep in thought i hadn't even notice her start to wipe away the blood that was covering my hand.
"Done" She said, rather pleased with herself.
I looked down and my knuckles were neatly wrapped in a bandage.
"T-thank you" I mumbled.
"Will you please walk with me ? I fear something might go wrong."
"Of course" i weakly smiled back.

She gave me a smile and we walked side by side towards the slytherin common room.
"You never told me your name" Y/N said as we walked.
"Oh right, Malfoy. Draco Malfoy."
"I can't believe i don't remember you" She mumbled looking rather confused.
"Me neither" I mumbled back. Looks like i'll be waiting a lot longer for that cuddle from my girl.