Chapter 24

Adam's POV
Ava and I were back from our honeymoon. I was sleeping peacefully when I heard a groan. I rolled over to see Ava awake and sweating uncontrollably. She was barely awake though.

"Bear, you alright?" I asked. She shook her head slightly. I called Will because I had no idea what was going on.

"Hey Will, I'm sorry to call at this time." I said.

"It's fine, I'm on shift so I was awake anyway. What's up?" He asked.

"It's Ava. I woke up to her sweating terribly and she looks pale. She's barely awake." I said.

"It's probably like when she was a kid. Check her temperature." He said. I grabbed a thermometer and put it in her mouth.

"100.5" I said.

"Just like when we were kids. She would always get like this around this time of year. Give her some Tylenol and run her a luke warm bath. Just sit her in it for a bit and her fever should go down." He said.

"Thanks." I replied.

"If anything changes, call me." He said.

"Okay, bye." I said hanging up the phone. I ran Ava a bath and took her into the bathroom. I sat her on the floor while getting everything ready.

"Ava, are you awake?" I asked when I saw her move slightly.

"Barely." She muttered.

"I'm running you a bath to help your fever go down and you need to take some Tylenol." I said and she chuckled.

"Let me guess, you called Will." She assumed.

"Yep." I replied. I helped her undress and I set her in the bath.

"I hate being sick." She said.

"I know you do bear. I've heard the stories about you being sick from Will and jay." I said and she smiled.

"Those idiots never got sick. It was always me." She said. I grabbed a cloth and started wetting her head, in attempt to lower her temperature.

"I'm sorry I woke you." She said.

"It's okay Ava. I'm happy to take care of you." I said.

"Yeah, because you are looking at me naked right now." She said and I chuckled.

"No actually, I like looking after you because you are my wife and it's my job." I said and she smiled.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too." I replied kissing her.

"Let's get you dried off." I said. She was more awake now. I helped her dry and I got her some fresh pyjamas. She got changed and we got decided to go lay down on the couch because it was boiling in our room.

"I'm going to call Voight later and tell him we're staying off today." I said stroking her hair.

"Okay." She mumbled.

"Are you hungry or thirsty at all?" I asked.

"Not really." She answered.

"Okay bear." I said. I must've fallen asleep because I was woken up by talking. I looked up and saw Ava on the phone. Once she hung up, she turned to face me.

"I called Hank and he said we could have the day off." She said and I nodded.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked.

"A bit." She said.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I asked and she shook her head.

"You need to at least drink something. I can't have you being dehydrated as well." I said getting her a glass of water. She took a sip.

"Why can't it be jay that gets sick? You know, karma for being annoying." She said and I chuckled.

"How about we watch a movie?" I suggested.

"There are tonnes of movies. Which one?" She asked.

"You pick." I said and she put on The Sound Of Music.

"I love this movie." I said.

"Me too. I love musicals." She said. Every time a song would come on, she would hum it. Whenever we usually watched musicals, she would usually get up and start dancing around the house. My phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey man, it's Will. How's she doing?" He asked.

"Fever is going down slowly and she seems to be a bit more like herself." I said.

"Good. Is— wait is that The Sound Of Music I hear?" He asked.

"Yeah, she wanted to watch it." I said.

"Our mom would always put it on when any of us were sick." He said.

I hung up and Ava and I started chatting about random stuff.

"Adam, I want to know your opinion on something." She said and I looked at her confused.

"What is it?" I asked.

"When I'm not sick anymore, how would you feel about trying for a baby?" She asked and I couldn't stop smiling.

"I would love to." I said and she kissed me.