Chapter 10

Adam's POV
It was the day after Christmas and Ava and I were heading home today. I woke up and saw her peacefully sleeping. I got up and went into the living room.

"Morning sweetie." My mom said.

"Morning." I said sitting on the couch.

"Are you and Ava going home today?" She asked.

"Yeah. We have to be at work tomorrow." I said.

"You picked a good one." She said.

"I know." I said.

"She's perfect for you Adam. I can tell she loves you by the way she looks at you." She said.

"Thanks mom." I said. I heard footsteps coming out of my room. I saw Ava in a cute messy bun and sweats.

"Morning sweetie." My mom said.

"Good morning." She said. She came and sat down next to me and rested her head on my lap.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just tired." She said. I stroked her hair and ran my finger along her face.

"Do you want breakfast?" I asked.

"Yes please." She said. I went into the kitchen. A few minutes later, I came back and gave her eggs, bacon, and french toast.

"Do you spoil every girl?" She asked.

"Only the one that I love." I said and I kissed her. She ate her breakfast and went and got ready. I waited in the living room for her. She came out after a while.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked.

"Yeah." She replied.

"Thank you so much for letting me join your Christmas." She said.

"Sweetie, you're family now." My mom said and she smiled. Ava and I left and we drove home.

"Are you feeling sick at all?" I asked as I looked over to her in the car seat.

"A little bit." She said. We returned back to my apartment and cuddled on the couch. Suddenly, Ava straddled me and started kissing me passionately.

"Are you sure Ava?" I asked concerned because we haven't had sex since before the rape.

"Absolutely." She said. I picked her up and carried her to the bedroom.

The next morning, I woke up and trailed kisses along her bare back. She smiled while waking up and turned to face me.

"I love you Addy." She said.

"I love you too Ava bear." I said. We got ready and headed into work. We sat at our desks.

"So, how was Christmas with the Ruzek's?" Kevin asked.

"Amazing." She said.

"My family loves her and my brother loves her a little too much." I said laughing.

"What do you mean?" Jay asked.

"He said as soon as she breaks up with me, he will be her boyfriend." I said chuckling.

"What else did you do?" Hailey asked.

"Adam's family told me a lot of stories. I even saw a video that his mom sent me." Ava said.

"Don't you dare show them." I said.

"Watch me." She replied. Everyone gathered around her while she played the video. Everyone burst out laughing. I put my head in my hands. Ava must've noticed because she came over and kissed my head.

"I'm sorry, but they had to see it." She said smiling. God that smile.

"It's embarrassing." I said.

"No it's not, it's cute." She said and I kissed her.

"What did I tell you guys? No PDA." Jay said making everyone laugh.

"Jay you don't own me. I can kiss Adam if I want." Ava said.

"Not around me you can't." He said.

"Did it make you uncomfortable?" She asked and he nodded.

"Well I hope this doesn't make you uncomfortable." She said straddling me and we made out.

"Okay, stop." Jay said covering his eyes. Everyone laughed. Voight came out of his office.

"Do any of you actually do your work?" He asked.

"Not when Ava's got a video of 3 year old Adam running around his house naked shouting 'I HAVE A WILLY.'" Hailey said.

"Show me." Voight said. Ava showed him and he started laughing.

"I'm so happy that you find my humiliation funny." Adam said.

"I don't find it funny. I find it hilarious." Voight said. Ava and I headed home after work and we cuddled on the couch in sweats watching a movie.

"Are you mad that I showed everyone the video?" She asked.

"No I'm not mad, it was funny. Anyway, I could never get mad at you." I said and she smiled at me.

"I love your smile." I said and she blushed.

"And that blush." I added.

"I don't." She said. I took her head in my hands.

"Hey, you have to stop looking down on yourself. You are the most amazing girl I have ever met. You are beautiful and funny and caring and you put everyone above yourself. You're perfect." I said and she kissed me.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too Ava bear." I said