Chapter 15

Adam's POV
Ava and I went on a date. I was proposing to her tonight. We walked along the beach hand in hand when I stopped her. She looked at me confused. I held both of her hands in mine.

"Ava Jones-Voight, I love you so so much. I love the way that you have random dance parties in the living room. I love the way that you sing in the shower. I love the way that you wake me up by kissing me. I love everything about you. With that being said—" I said pulling the ring box out of my pocket and opening it. "— will you marry me?" I asked nervously. She broke down crying.

"I'm sorry, I shou—" I said before she cut me off.

"I love you, yes, I will marry you." She said and I kissed her. I put the ring on her finger and we headed to Molly's.

"How are we going to tell everyone?" I asked her.

"I have an idea." She said. She put her hand in her jacket pocket to hide the ring. We walked into Molly's and she went up to the team.

"We have to tell you guys something. I thought I would do it the Ava way by having a sing song." She said. She left and went on the stage and started singing an original song.

We were both young when I first saw you
I close my eyes and the flashback starts
I'm standin' there
In a bullpen in summer air
See the desks, see the cases, the people
See you make your way through the room
And say, "Hello"
Little did I know
That you were Ruzek, you were throwin' pencils
And my brother said, "Stay away from Ava-Mai"
And I was cryin' on the staircase
Beggin' you, "Please don't go, " and I said
Ruzek, take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"
So I sneak out to the garden to see you
We keep quiet, 'cause we're dead if they knew
So close your eyes
Escape this town for a little while, oh oh
'Cause you were Ruzek, I was a scarlet letter
And my brother said, "Stay away from Ava-Mai"
But you were everything to me
I was beggin' you, "Please don't go, " and I said
Ruzek, take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"
Ruzek, save me, they're tryna tell me how to feel
This love is difficult, but it's real
Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"
Oh, oh
I got tired of waiting
Wonderin' if you were ever comin' around
My faith in you was fading
When I met you on the outskirts of town, and I said
Ruzek, save me, I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you, but you never come
Is this in my head? I don't know what to think
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring

She pulled her hand out of her pocket, showing her ring. Everyone cheered.

And said, "Marry me, Ava-Mai
You'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your fam, go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
'Cause we were both young when I first saw you

She finished the song and came and sat with us. The team congratulated us. We talked for a while before we decided to go home.

"Make sure you use protection." Hailey shouted and we turned and laughed at her. Jay had an angry look on his face.

"Was that really needed hailey?" He asked.

"What?" She asked and everyone laughed. We got home and Ava started walking into the kitchen. I held her waist.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked playfully.

"To the kitchen." She replied.

"I don't think so." I said picking her up and carrying her to the bedroom. She shrieked.

The next morning, I woke up and Ava was still asleep. I trailed kisses along her bare back. She smiled waking up.

"Mhmm." She said.

"Good morning bear." I said softly.

"Good morning Addy." She said kissing me. We snuggled for a while before getting ready for work.

She was about to go in the shower when she said, "You know, we'd probably save more water if we showered together." I smirked and ran in the shower after her. She giggled and we had sex in the shower. We eventually got to work and sat at our desks. Voight came out with a photo.

"Guys, we have a case. A girl was murdered. The main suspect was released from prison last week. His name is Mark Jones." He said and Jay and Ava shared a worried look. Ava grabbed her phone and called someone.

"Grandma, why didn't you tell me or jay or will? What do you mean we didn't need to know? We have every right to know. Our grandpa who was supposed to care for us and protect us beat us every time we saw him and he raped me. We had every right to know." She said and she hung up the phone. We all looked at her.

"Is he?" Voight asked. Jay nodded. Ava stormed out of the bullpen and into the locker room. I followed and saw her sat on the bench with her knees to her chest. I rushed over to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"Shh you're alright." I said. She buried her head in the crook of my neck.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked softly.

"I thought you'd think it was stupid. I thought you'd think I'm broken and leave me." She said.

"Oh Ava bear, I'd never leave you." I said and she smiled. She pulled away from me. I grabbed her hand and pointed to her ring.

"What did you think this was about? It's not just for free sex lady." I said and she giggled.

"I am there for you 100%, 24 hours a day." I said and she kissed me. We headed back into the bullpen and we arrested Ava and jay's grandfather. Ava and I headed home and we went to sleep.