Chapter 17

Ava's POV
I was at work and we had no cases. We had just finished a big case and we had to deal with the paperwork.

"Paperwork is boring." Kim said.

"Tell me about it." I replied.

"Oooo I know something fun." She said getting out a big book and slamming it on the table.

"What the fuck is that?" I asked.

"It's your wedding plan book." She said and I was shocked.

"Why do I need a plan book?" I asked.

"Oh, you have never been engaged before, have you?" She asked.

"No, I'm 22 years old." I said.

"Well I have and I know what I'm doing." She said.

"You were engaged to the guy I'm with." I said and she glared at me.

"We don't talk about that. It was one of my many mistakes in life." She said and everyone started laughing apart from Adam.

"I feel offended." He said and I smiled at him. Kim came and sat next to me and she started showing me dresses.

"What about this one?" She asked.

"Nope." I replied.

"What's wrong with it?" She asked.

"What's right with it?" I said and she laughed.

"Why don't you like it?" She asked.

"Because I'm not 50 years old. I don't want lace unless it's in my underwear drawer." I said and she laughed. Jay just looked at me.

"I like simple." I said and she nodded. We talked more and we were interrupted by the radio.

"Okay people, next up is 'shooting star' by Jay and Ava Halstead." The radio said and everyone was confused and shocked. Jay was going red.

"What was that?" Adam asked.

"When jay and I found out our mom had cancer, we wrote her a song and we sung it to her. She told us to get it produced and we did." I said.

"Wait, jay sings?" Kevin questioned.

"Every Halstead sings. Whenever a child is old enough in our family, they go into singing lessons." Jay said. The song started to play and jay and I laughed. We listened to it and reminisced about our memories with our mom. I wish she was here to walk me down the aisle. Kim and I carried on looking at dresses.

"That one, I want something like that." I said pointing at a simple, elegant dress.

"That looks perfect." She said.

Adam came over and tried to look at it

Adam came over and tried to look at it. Kim quickly changed the tab on the computer.

"No sir." She said.