Chapter 14

Adam's POV
I got up earlier than Ava because I needed to talk to Jay, Will and Hank about something. They came to our apartment.

"Hey Adam, what is it you needed to talk to us about?" Will asked.

"I would like your blessing to ask Ava to marry me." I said.

"Well, you have it from me." Will said.

"Me too." Hank said.

"Mhmm." Jay said.

"What is it?" I asked and jay came over to me.

"For old time's sake." He said and punched me.

"What was that for?" Will asked.

"He has my blessing now." Jay said.

"Have you picked out a ring yet?" Jay questioned.

"No, I'm going to buy one tomorrow." I said.

"Don't." He said and Hank and I looked confused.

"When our mom died, she said she didn't want to be buried with her engagement ring. She said whoever finds the right person first should propose with or get proposed to with her engagement ring. She always said it wasn't a race, but I knew Ava would always get married first because Will hasn't got the balls." He said.

"Where even is the ring?" Will asked.

"It's in mom's safe. I'll bring you it at work." Jay said and I nodded. Everyone left after a while and I sat on the couch. A few minutes later, I saw Ava come down the stairs in one of my t-shirts and her underwear. She rubbed her eyes.

"Good morning." She said.

"Good morning bear." I said and she kissed me.

"Do you want breakfast?" I asked her.

"No, I'm starting my diet today. I am eating all healthy and organic food. For breakfast, I am going to eat my fruity granola bars that I made last night." She said and I placed her on my lap so she was facing me.

"You don't need to go on a diet. You are beautiful." I said and she lifted her shirt up and grabbed a bit of her skin.

"Then what's this?" She asked.

"That's not fat." I said.

"Then what is it?" She asked.

"It's your uterus." I said.

"How do you know that?" She asked.

"When we were teens, my sister went on a diet because of that bit of skin and my uncle told her it was her uterus. He is a doctor." I said and she kissed me.

"I won't go on a diet, but I'm going to eat healthier." She said.

"Okay." I said. We got up and went into the kitchen. She opened the fridge door and I gasped. I saw multiple mason jars with yoghurt, granola and fruit in and salads.

"Healthy breakfast and lunch." She said. We went and got dressed and got ready to go. She went in the kitchen.

"Do you want a salad tub or a yoghurt jar?" She asked.

"I'm good." I replied and she came out with a yoghurt jar and a salad. She put them in her bag and we headed to work. We sat at our desks and she started eating her yoghurt and granola.

"What the fuck is that?" Jay asked.

"It's yoghurt, granola and berries in a jar. I'm eating healthier." She said.

"Gross." Jay said.

"Why are you eating healthier?" Hailey asked.

"She's trying to get rid of her uterus." I joked and Ava glared at me.

"What?" Kevin asked.

"This morning, she told me she was going on a diet because she needed to lose weight. She showed me a part of her stomach that she thought was fat and it's where her uterus is." I said and they all started laughing.

"Stop laughing at me, I'm sensitive." She said causing everyone to laugh harder. She went to the toilet and jay came up to me and gave me the ring box.

"You treat her right." He said.

"I will." I replied hiding the box, knowing Ava would be back anytime soon. She came back and sat at her desk and got a phone call.

"Ava. Who is this? No fucking way. Yeah, I'm totally in." She said and hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Jay asked.

"That was Link." She said.

"Really? What did he want?" Jay asked.

"The rink's being closed down and he suggested we go down there and give it a proper send off." She said.

"How long has it been?" He asked.

"5 years." She said.

"I'm coming. I want to see if you can still do it or not." He said. We were all more confused than ever.

"You guys are welcome to come." Ava said.

"What is it you're doing?" Hailey asked.

"It's a surprise." Ava said. We finished up at work and Ava drove with everyone else following behind her. We got there and went inside.

"Lincoln James, it's been way too long." She said.

"Yeah it has." He said. They went off somewhere and jay took us into a big room. He turned on the light and we saw an ice rink. We sat down.

"I don't get it. Why exactly are we here?" Kevin asked.

"That's why." Jay said pointing at Ava and Link skating on the ice.

"Wow." I said.

"Yeah, she did it for 10 years." Jay said. They finished their routine and we all clapped. We headed to them and she hugged me.

"That was amazing." I said.

"I'm surprised I managed to do it." She said.

"You're Ava Jones-Voight, you can do anything." I said and she kissed me. We headed home and snuggled on the couch.

"I can't believe I didn't know that you did ice skating." I said.

"You don't know that much about me." She said.

"I beg to differ. I know that when you have toast, the butter has to be melted or you won't eat it. I know that you don't like your bath water super hot. I know that you are a party girl, but you enjoy nothing more than a cozy night in. I know that when you are on your period, the only thing you can drink without making cramps worse is strawberry flavoured water. Lastly, I know that I love you." I said and she started crying.

"Hey, what is it?" I asked and she hugged me.

"I love you too." She said. We watched tv and decided to go to bed.