Chapter 32

*6 months later*

Ava's POV
I'm now 39 weeks pregnant. Adam and I decided not to find out the gender. I woke up and saw him smiling at me.

"If I wasn't married to you, I'd think you are a creepy stalker." I said and he chuckled. He moved my hair out of my face and kissed me.

"I'm just admiring the view." He said. We got up and I sat at the table while Adam made breakfast. Brooklyn came out of her room and sat next to me.

"Adam, are you nearly done with food? I'm hungry." I asked and he chuckled.

"It's nearly done." He said and I smiled. He brought food over and I wolfed it down. Carrying this baby makes me hungry. I washed the dishes and sat on the couch. I have been on maternity leave for the past few months. Adam took Brooklyn to school on his way to work. I went to get myself a blanket because I was cold. I was walking to the couch when I felt a gush of liquid in between my legs. I looked down nervously. I guess this is happening now. I picked up my phone to call Adam. I called him 7 times and there was no answer. I called hailey.

"Upton."

"Hailey, it's me. Is Adam there by any chance?"

"Yeah, he's here in the bullpen, we're all in here."

"Put me on speaker."

"Okay, you're on."

"ADAM!! What have I told you about turning your phone off? I have tried to call you 7 times. If you don't get here within the next two minutes, there might be a baby born on the living room floor!"

"I'm on my way."

A contraction hit and oh my god it hurt. I breathed through it. I heard the front door open. I looked to see Adam coming over to me.

"Let's get you to the hospital." He said.

"No, we're going to the farmer's market." I said sarcastically. He helped me into the car and drove quickly to med. We got checked in and I sat in the bed. Dr Robbins came in.

"Hey guys, I heard it's baby time." She said and I smiled.

"I'm just going to check how far along you are." She said and I nodded.

"Sorry to disappoint, but you're only at 3cm. We are going to be here for a while." She said and I nodded. She left and I laid my head back against my pillow. I looked over at Adam who was sat in the chair. He was looking down. He looked sad, which confused me.

"Are you alright?" I asked. He looked up and tears were rolling down his cheeks.

"Baby, are you okay?" I asked. I reached my hand out and held his.

"What if I'm a horrible father? I've never looked after a baby before. Hell, I've never even held a baby before." He said.

"Come here." I said motioning for him to get in the bed next to me.

"No, I don't want to hurt you." He said.

"You won't hurt me." I said. He got in the bed and sat next to me. I held his head in my hands.