Chapter 4

Ava's POV
"It's like this was supposed to happen." Voight said.

"What are you talking about?" I said.

"My late wife was pregnant with twins, a boy and a girl. The night I met your mom in a bar, I had just found out that the girl had no heartbeat." He said and I looked shocked.

"I'm gonna tell Will. I bet he's wondering what's happening." I said. I picked up the phone.

"Hey baby bro. Yes, I know you're older than me. Dad was right, he's not my dad. They found a match though. Voight. Apparently, he met mom in the bar near our house and had a one night stand with her. Seriously Will, why are you freaking out so much, this doesn't affect you, it affects me a lot." I said.

"Like usual, Will is being a drama queen." I said to Jay.

"I always wondered where you got your aggressive and scary side from." Adam said and I glared at him. Voight was in his office. I went in there.

"If you are going to make me feel guilty, I already feel guilty so save your energy." He said. I walked over to him and hugged him. I don't know why I did it. All my life, something felt wrong with my dad, maybe this was why. Hugging Hank was amazing. He felt like my dad.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Don't be. If you hadn't have slept with my mother, I wouldn't be here, which means everything up here would be boring. You may have noticed that I provide the humour in this unit." I said and he smiled at me. I left and sat at my desk.

"Jay, what was mom's maiden name?" I asked.

"Jones, why?" He asked.

"I'm changing my name." I said.

"Ava Jones. I like it." Jay said.

"No, Ava Jones-Voight." I said. Everyone turned their heads round.

"Really?" Jay asked.

"Yeah, it's not Hank's fault mom wasn't on birth control." I said.

"Eww that image is in my mind forever." Jay said.

"Sorry." I said.

"Wait Hank said he had twins but one of them died, did the other one make it?" I asked.

"Yeah Justin. He was murdered 2 years ago." He said. I looked softly into Hank's office.

"I still can't believe this." I said.

"Why are you so happy about this? We just found out our mother cheated." He said.

"I was always ashamed of dad. Wait, your dad. Now I don't have to be because he's not my dad." I said. Jay smiled at me. I looked over at Adam who had his head in his hands.

"What's up with you?" I asked.

"I'm dating Voight's kid. I'm a dead man." He said and I smiled at him. I walked into Voight's office.

"You can't kill Adam." I said to him.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You can't kill Adam because he's dating your daughter." I said.

"Don't worry I won't." He said. I walked out of his office.

"You're all good, he won't kill you." I said.He smiled at me. A couple of hours later, I started to get nauseous. I ran to the bin and was sick. I went and sat in the break room. Adam came in.

"Hey baby, are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I think its from the stress of today." I said. He hugged me and I headed back to my desk. A few minutes later I was sick in the bin again. Hank called me into his office.

"Go to the drugstore and get a pregnancy test." He said.

"I'm not pregnant." I said.

"I know those symptoms Ava." He said handing me $20.

"I'm not pregnant." I said.

"Are you late?" He asked. I worked out the dates. I gasped.

"It's possible." I said and I started to well up. I took the money and walked out into the bullpen and left. Adam noticed I was upset.

"Hey what's going on?" He asked. I started crying more and left. I came back after 20 minutes and ignored everyone. I headed straight into the bathroom and took the test. If I was pregnant, Adam would kill me. My phone timer buzzed. I looked at the test and let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding. It was negative. I wiped my eyes and headed into the he bullpen. Voight looked at me and I shook my head. He nodded and I went and sat back down. Adam and I headed home after our shift ended. We were sat on the couch cuddling.

"Hey baby, what was going on earlier?" He asked me.

"Voight thought I was pregnant. I had the symptoms. I didn't believe him at first then I realised I was late. He gave me money for a test. I took the test and I was freaking out for the 3 minutes because you would hate me if I was pregnant. My timer buzzed. I looked at the test and it was negative." I said and he hugged me.

"I would never hate you Ava." He said. I went in the bath to try and reduce my stress from today. I was sat in it. Suddenly, I felt Adam pulling me up and me coughing.

"Ava what the hell?" He asked.

"I didn't even realise I was underneath. I could've died." I said crying hysterically. Adam tried to calm me down, but nothing was working. He climbed in the bath with me and rocked me. I fell asleep in his arms.