Chapter 18

Ava's POV
I woke up and Adam wasn't in bed. I was questioning where he was when he came in the room. He had on nothing but his boxers and his his hair was messy.

"Good morning." I said.

"Good morning. I'm sorry I wasn't in here when you woke up, someone knocked on the door." He said, sitting on the bed with me.

"It's fine as long as I get cuddles." I said and he smiled at me.

"Always." He said, wrapping his arm around me and I laid my head on his chest.

"Who was at the door?" I asked.

"My dad. He said that my mom had an appointment and she was told that she shouldn't have another heart attack." He said. I kissed his chest.

"That's great." I said. We got up and went into work. I was sat at my desk when I got a call.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Ava, it's Lucy." She said.

"Are you okay? You sound upset." She said.

"I need help." She said.

"What's going on? Do you want to speak to Adam, he's here?" I asked.

"No!! I need your help. I'm at my apartment. Someone broke in and raped me last night. I just woke up. Please help me." She said sobbing.

"I'm on my way, okay. Just try calm down for me. I'll be there in a minute." I said hanging up and grabbing my coat.

"Hank, I need to go." I said.

"What is it Ava?" He asked. I looked over at Adam.

"What is it Ava?" Adam asked.

"She told me not to tell you." I said.

"Who?" He asked.

"Lucy, she called me saying someone broke in her apartment and raped her last night and she just woke up this morning." I said and he quickly jumped up.

"You're not coming." I said.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Seeing another male might freak her out, even if it is her big brother." I said and he nodded sadly.

"Just call me." He said.

"I will." I said. I left and headed to Lucy's apartment. I walked in and heard crying. I went into her bedroom and she was sat on the floor sobbing. I crouched down in front of her.

"It's okay, I'm here, you're alright." I said to her. She hugged me tightly. She calmed down after a few minutes.

"Let's get you to the hospital." I said and she looked scared.

"It's okay Lucy, I'll stay with you. I'm not going anywhere." I said and she smiled at me. We got in the car and I drove to med. When I got there, I saw Natalie.

"Natalie, are you busy?" I asked.

"No, how can I help you?" She asked.

"This is Adam's sister Lucy. She was raped." I said and Natalie looked at her softly.

"Let's get you looked at." She said and we went into the treatment room.

"First, is there anything that hurts?" Nat asked and Lucy shook her head.

"Would you like me to call anyone?" I asked her.

"You can call Adam, but not anyone else." She said and I nodded.I called Adam and I went and sat back down with her.