Chapter 30

Adam's POV
I was woken up in the middle of the night by a soft whimper. I turned over to see Ava still sleeping. I headed into Brooklyn's room. She was sat up with tears running down her face. I quickly went over to her.

"I'm so sorry I woke you." She said.

"It's okay honey. Are you alright sweetheart?" I asked.

"Yeah, it was just a nightmare." She said. I hugged her.

"I'm going to go back to bed. Feel free to come get me if you need anything." I said and she nodded.

"Thank you." She replied.

"No problem princess." I said. I got back into bed and Ava started to wake up.

"Mhmm, what are you doing up?" She asked.

"Brooke had a nightmare." I said. Her head shot up.

"Is she alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, she's good." I replied. She snuggled up against me and we fell back asleep. I woke up at 8am. My alarm wasn't set because everyone has the day off unless we get a case. I went into Brooklyn's room because I wanted to see if she was okay. I walked in there quietly, not knowing if she was asleep or not. I saw her sat up writing in a book.

"Hey, are you doing okay?" I asked sitting on her bed.

"Yeah, I'm good." She replied.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"In elementary school, my teacher taught me that if I am ever feeling something, I should write it down to try let go of it." She said and I nodded.

"Would you like breakfast?" I asked.

"Yes please." She replied. I went into the kitchen to see Ava already making breakfast.

"Hey, I came out here to make breakfast." I said walking over to her.

"I know. I saw you talking with Brooklyn, so I came to make breakfast." She said smiling at me. I put my hand on her belly.

"How is my baby doing?" I asked.

"Good, the morning sickness hasn't hit me today." She said and I kissed her cheek. Brooke came out of her room and sat at the table. We had waffles and syrup.

"Are you guys at work today?" Brooke asked quietly.

"Since it's Saturday, we have the day off unless Voight calls us in." I said and she nodded.

"The team is coming over and we are going to hang out." Ava said.

"Since when?" I asked.

"I was texting with them this morning. They all have such sad lives that they can't go a day without seeing us." She said and I chuckled.

"Just no fighting with Jay like last time." I said.

"We didn't fight." She replied.

"You were wrestling on the floor." I argued.

"Well I'm obviously not going to wrestle him while I am pregnant you idiot." I said and Brooke chuckled.

"I am going to predict right now that you and hailey will fall asleep straight away." He said.

"It's not my fault we have the biggest and comfiest couch in the world." She defended.

"Our couch is really comfy." Brooke said and I smiled. We finished eating breakfast and Ava dived straight onto the sofa. I chuckled.

"Are you not going to get dressed today?" I asked.

"Of course not. It's not like I'm meeting the queen. We're hanging out with our best friends and my brother." She said. Brooklyn went and sat on the couch next to Ava. I was getting multiple blankets for everyone when the door opened. It was Kim and hailey first.

"Your favourite gays have arrived." Kim said and I chuckled. They came and sat down with us.

"I'm betting $20 that hailey and Ava fall asleep within the first 30 minutes of the movie." Kim said.

"That is hurtful." Hailey replied. We heard the door open again. Kevin and Jay came in and piled onto the couch.

 Kevin and Jay came in and piled onto the couch

Jay started pointing at Ava.

"I don't care how much you blackmail me, we are not watching Pitch Perfect." He said and we all started laughing. Kevin put on a movie and we all snuggled up under the blankets. Within 15 minutes, Hailey's eyes were already closed and she was cuddled up with Kim.

"Once again, she is asleep as soon as the movie starts." I said looking over at hailey.

"I'm not asleep you ass, I'm resting my eyes." She fired back and we started laughing.

"What do you mean you are resting your eyes?" I asked.

"I'm not asleep, I'm just resting." She said. I turned my attention back to the tv. After a few minutes, we heard soft snores. I looked over at hailey and we all started laughing. She quickly shot up.

"I wasn't asleep." She said.

"Well it looked and sounded like you were." Jay said. We all started laughing.

"Stop laughing at me. It's not my fault I'm tired." She said.

"Why are you so tired?" Kim asked.

"I didn't sleep at all last night." She said.

"What do you mean you didn't get any sleep?" She asked.

"My brothers are back in town. They texted me last night. They want to meet up. I don't know whether to or not. I was thinking about it all last night." She said. Kim wrapped her arm around hailey and kissed her head. I turned my attention back to the movie.

After a while, the team had gone home. Ava and I were laid in bed facing each other.

"Do you want to know what amazes me?" She asked.

"What?" I asked confused.

"We only tried once and we got pregnant." She said and I smiled.

"I'm just incredible, that's why." I said and she chuckled. We kissed. I put my hand on her small bump and she smiled. I fell asleep happy.