Chapter 6

Ava's POV
I had been at home for a few days now. Adam won't leave me. I know he is looking out for me, but it's getting a bit ridiculous. I decided to message Hank and tell him to make Adam go into work. A few minutes later Adam looked at me.

"I just got a text from Voight. He needs me to go in. Are you gonna be okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'll be fine." I said. He got up and left for work. I couldn't really be bothered to do anything so I just sat on the couch watching movies. I was watching a really sad movie. It was about this girl who fell in love with a prince. They loved each other but their parents didn't allow them to be together. I heard Adam walk in. He rushed over to me.

"Hey baby girl what's going on?" He asked worriedly.

"Adam everything's fine. I was crying at the movie. It's cute how scared you were though." I said and he smiled at me.

"I just like to know you're okay." He said.

"I wish I could just rip your clothes off right now." I said whilst kissing him. "I'm just not ready yet." I said looking down.

"Hey it's okay baby. I completely get it. Whenever you're ready." He said.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too baby girl." He said and I kissed him. We sat on the couch snuggling for a while.

"I'm gonna go in the shower." I said.

"Do you need help?" He asked.

"I'm good." I said. I got in the shower and as soon as I turned the water on, I burst out crying. It's too much. I see him all the time. Suddenly, I heard Adam come through the door. He rushed over to me in the shower and wrapped his arm around me. I cried into his chest.

"Oh baby girl." He said to me.

"I see him everywhere. Whenever I close my eyes, I see him raping me." I said.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked softly.

"I didn't want to bother you." I replied. He gently grabbed my chin and turned my head towards him.

"You are never a bother baby girl. What you went through was traumatic. What you are going through right now is expected. You have to tell me when it happens so I can help you." He said. I rested my head on his shoulder and he traced patterns with his finger along my bare back.

"Come on, let's get you dried off." He said.

"Adam I'm fine." I said.

"I am helping you whether you like it or not because you're mine and I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said and he helped me change into my pyjamas. Suddenly, I felt a need to be sick. I ran into the bathroom and was sick in the toilet. Adam came rushing in and held my hair whilst rubbing my back.

"Are you okay my love?" He asked.

"I think so. One minute I was fine, the next I was sick. I th— oh my god." I said.

"What is it?" He asked and I started crying.

"I think Yates got me pregnant." I said and Adam had a shocked look on his face.

"Come on, let's get you to med to make sure." He said. We got to med and Natalie saw us.

"Hey guys, what's up?" She said.

"I think my rapist got me pregnant. I need you to see." I said. She looked at me sympathetically. She took me and Adam into a room. She lifted up my shirt and did an ultrasound.

"Ava, you're not pregnant." She said.

"Oh thank god." I replied. Adam and I left and went home. We laid in bed cuddling.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?" He asked confused.

"For being there for me through everything. There have been multiple times where you could've left me, but you stayed." I said.

"I will never leave you." He said. I smiled and kissed him.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me." I said. He smiled and we kissed again. I yawned. I was resisting sleep. Every time I close my eyes, I see Yates.

"Baby, I know you're resisting sleep. I can see you're tired. Yates is gone. He is never coming back. I understand that you will get nightmares, and if you do, I will be here to hold you." He said.

I smiled and leaned my head on his chest and we fell asleep.