Chapter 28

Adam's POV
I was woken up by Ava kissing my cheek. I turned to face her and smiled. She looked guilty. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"I'm sorry I woke you." She said. I frowned at her.

"Why are you apologising?" I asked and she started crying. I pulled her into me.

"What's wrong bear?" I asked. She wiped her eyes.

"Oh, I'm very hormonal. I'm sorry I woke you." She said.

"You don't have to apologise for anything. That was one of the best ways to wake up." I said and she smiled.

"You probably think I'm pathetic for crying now." She said looking down. I lifted her head up and her brown eyes met mine.

"I do not." I said and she smiled. I went to make breakfast. I was making pancakes when I heard a scream. I quickly ran into our room. I saw Ava stood in front of the mirror.

"Is everything alright?" I asked frantically. She turned to face me. Tears were running down her face. Her shirt was lifted up, revealing her midriff. I looked at her stomach and saw a small bump. I smiled at her.

"I'm showing." She said and I kissed her. I put my hand on her belly and she smiled. I kissed her and we headed to work. We were sat in the bullpen and we didn't have a case. We were sat talking and jay randomly spoke up.

"I bet you all $20 that it's a girl." He said.

"Are you really getting on the gender of their child?" Hailey asked.

"Of course we are. I've got $30 on it being a boy." Kim said and I chuckled.

"Stop betting on the gender, but first put me down for $40 on it being a girl." Ava said and everyone laughed.

"Why do you think it's a girl?" I asked.

"When my mom was pregnant with jay and Will, she had no morning sickness. With me, she had lots of it. The morning sickness has been hitting me hard." She said and I nodded.

"Guys, my sister is coming into town." Kim said.

"The judgemental one or the pretty one?" I asked.

"They're the same sister." She said and everyone chuckled.

"Right, right. Well I always liked her, I think the feeling was mutual, so I'm gonna talk you up girl." I said.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm gonna make you look awesome." I said.

"Okay, just incase it comes up, but I'm sure that it won't. She hates you now." She said and I looked at her confused.

"She what?" I asked. Everyone started laughing.

"What are you talking about? I'm lovable." I said. Everyone carried on laughing at me.

"I feel offended." I said. Voight came out of his office.

"We have a case. 13 year old girl who grew up in foster homes was kidnapped. According to the current parents, she was on the way home from school and never made it to the house." He said and we all stood up. Ava started to set the board up. Jay and hailey went to speak to the parents.

"I want to know why the kid was in foster homes in the first place. Do the current parents have any enemies?" Voight asked. Ava started looking into the girl's background. Her name is Brooklyn Eve Miller.

"Brooklyn's biological family died when she was 4. Oh my god." Ava said.

"What is it?" Kevin asked.