Chapter 19

Ava's POV
I woke up and immediately got happy. Today was my birthday. I'm hoping Adam remembered. I turned over and saw him sleeping. I kissed his cheek and wrapped his arm around me. I rested my head on his chest and he started to wake up.

"Morning baby." I said.

"Morning bear." He replied and I kissed him.

"What's the date today?" He asked.

"April 9th." I said.

"What a boring day." He said and I got sad. I started crying. He looked at me concerned and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Bear, I'm kidding. I know it's your birthday." He said and I smiled.

"I thought you forgot." I said wiping my eyes.

"I would never forget the date that the person I love the most was born." He said and I kissed him. He got up out of bed.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'll be back in a minute." He said leaving. I waited for a few minutes. I was about to get up when he came in with a gift bag. He sat on the bed. He gave me the bag and kissed my cheek.

"Happy birthday Ava-bear." He said and I smiled. I opened it and saw 2 boxes. I opened the first one and saw a pair of trainers I have been wanting for ages.

"You did not get me a pair of Nike air max 270's." I said.

"Oh, I most certainly did." He said and I smiled at him.I opened the third box to see a bracelet with tonnes of charms on. There was one for every person I care about or I have lost. I hugged him.

"Thank you so so much. You don't understand how much this means to me." I said. We got ready for the day and sat on the couch. Since we had the day off, the team was coming over. The Blackhawks game was on. It just started when everyone came through the door with gifts.

"What's all this?" I asked.

"Presents." Hailey simply replied. We all sat on the couch. I opened Kim's gift first. It was 3 little pots. Everyone looked at me confused.

"Best gift ever. Thank you so much." I said and she smiled at me.

"Is it just me that's confused?" Jay asked.

"I hate it when I'm eating and the tomato sauce touches my food. I've been complaining for ages that I wanted tomato sauce pots." I said and everyone chuckled. I opened Hailey's next and everyone started laughing. She got me potato waffles. I opened Kevin's and he got me a blanket because I'm always cold.

"Saved the best until last." Jay said handing me a box.

"Make sure you are careful." He said and we all looked at him confused. I opened the box and saw the cutest puppy ever. I started crying as I lifted it out of the box.

"What's it's name?" Hailey asked. I looked at the name tag and I was shocked.

"Dani." I said balling. Jay came over and hugged me.

"Do you remember when Alisha died and mom got you a puppy called Alisha? She said that because Alisha was gone, the puppy was her way of watching you." He said and I nodded.

"Mom told me that day that when she died, she wanted either Will or I to get you a puppy and call her Dani. I've been looking for the perfect one for years. This puppy is mom's way of watching you. This was also her favourite dog breed." He said and I smiled. Everyone wanted to hold the puppy, but I wanted cuddles with it. We watched the Blackhawks game and ate food.

"I'm hungry." Jay said.

"Me too." Hailey replied.

"Let's get pizza." Adam said.

"No sir, it's my birthday I decide." I said and jay looked annoyed.

"Not this again." He said and I glared at him.

"What?" Adam asked.

"Every birthday she has ever had, she makes everyone who celebrates with her eat what she eats. It looks like we are all eating potato waffles." He said and everyone started laughing.

"I've never had them before." Hailey said and I spat out my drink in shock.

"You're kidding right?" I asked and hailey shook her head. We all ate potato's waffles.

"These are really good." Hailey said.

"No, they are brilliant." I said and everyone chuckled.

"One time she made a bet with someone that she could eat only potato waffles for a week. She did it though." Jay said and I smiled.

"Let's go to Molly's." He said.

"I can't be bothered. I want to have cuddles with Dani." I said.

"It's not optional." He said and I looked at him confused. When we walked into Molly's, I saw someone I never thought I would see again.

"Hey bitch." She said.

"Hey crack whore." I replied hugging her. Everyone looked confused.

"Guys, this is my best friend, who I haven't seen in years, Megan." I said and they smiled at me. I introduced her to everyone.

"I still can't believe you are getting married before me." She said.

"You're more of a hookup person." I replied.

"That is completely true. Do you know any of the guys in here because they are all hot?" She asked and I smirked.

"You never change. Piece of advice, if you hear the name Kelly Severide, stay far away." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because he cheated on me." I said.

"I'll stay far away from him then. Anyway, I like that one over there sat at the bar." She said making me turn my eyes towards Kevin.

"That's Kevin Atwater. I work with him in intelligence. He is single." I said and she smiled.

"I'll be back in a minute." She said.

"You never change." I said. We hung out at Molly's for a while and Adam and I headed home. We were laid in bed snuggling.

"Thank you for the best day ever and thank you for bringing me my best friend." I told him.

"You're welcome bear. Happy birthday." He said and I kissed him. We fell asleep after talking for a while.