31

TW: Drugs
DEREKS POV
"HUNT!" I yelled as Amelia was being rolled into the ER.
"What do we have?" Owen asked as he got gowned.
"My sister I don't know how long she's been down!" I said.
"Amelia?" He said.
"Get me gowned!" I said.
"Me too!" Meredith said.
"You are not working on her," Bailey said as she walked over, "we've got her okay?" They brought her into trauma 1 and I looked at Mer.
"This is all my fault," I cried and hugged her.
"Stop it, it's not your fault okay?" She said crying, "she'll be okay."
"I was supposed to protect her!" I said, "God I'm supposed to be her parent! I'm supposed to make sure she's okay!"
AMELIAS POV
I opened my eyes and it was bright. So bright. Oh my god. I overdosed. No. No no no no. This wasn't supposed to happen. I sat up and saw doctors. Meredith and Derek. This wasn't supposed to happen.
"Hi," I said.
"Thank god you're okay," Derek said and hugged me, "you're okay."
"Yeah," I managed to get out as he hugged me tighter.
"I'll leave these," Doctor Webber said and left a packet of rehab pamphlets on the desk. I felt my heart stop.
"Derek," I said crying, "are you sending me back?"
"Amelia honey," Meredith said, "you need it."
"I didn't mean to!" I said crying, "I just, I didn't mean to overdose I wasn't supposed to take that many!"
"I know," Derek said, "but you need help and I can't help you anymore, please take the help." I burst out crying and they both hugged me.
"Where's Link?" I asked.
"I called him he's on his way," Derek said.
"When am I leaving?" I asked.
"Tonight," Meredith said.
"Okay," I said.
"Hey look at me," Derek said, "you'll be okay. You're going to get the help you need and then come home to us okay? We can visit and write letters."
"I'm sorry for messing up again," I said.
"Hey it's okay," Meredith said, "it's going to be okay."
"I don't want to leave," I said crying, "what do I tell Link?"
"He'll understand," Derek said. The door opened and it was Link.
"Can you give us a minute?" I said. Meredith and Derek left and I looked at Link.
"I'm so sorry," I cried as he wrapped me in a hug.
"It's okay," he said, "you're going to get help and you're going to get through this."
"I'm going to miss you so much," I said crying, "are you going to be here when I'm back?"
"I'm always going to be here sweetheart," he said, "remember when I said I want to marry you?" I nodded.
"I meant that. No matter what. I'll always be here okay?" He said.
"Okay," I said, "I don't want to go."
"I know," he said, "but you're going to be okay I promise. There's awesome doctors there that will help you."
"Yeah," I said.
"I'll come visit," he said.
"You will?" I asked.
"Of course I will," he said, "and Derek said I can write letters too."
"Yeah," I nodded, "I can't really have a phone unless I use the stupid old pay phone in the lobby."
"Stupid old pay phone is better than nothing," he said.
"Mhm," I smiled, "we'll be okay?"
"We will be okay," he said.
"I'm really sorry for all of this," I said crying.
"It's not your fault," he said, "you're getting the responsible help. You'll be just fine."
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too," he said. I held him tightly as I was still crying. He rubbed my back and kissed my head.
"You have to promise to come see me," I said crying, "promise."
"I promise I'll come see you Amelia," he said.
"Okay," I nodded.
"We're going to be okay," he said.
-
I was packing my bag for rehab. All I could take was clothes. I might as well leave my phone here. Derek said the school would contact the rehab facility and schedule how I would do school. I looked at my dresser and saw a picture of Link and I. I really messed up. I'm messing up the one good thing in my life. I had Link. I had the perfect boyfriend. A stable relationship, and I ruined it. My door opened and it was Derek.
"Are you ready?" He asked.
"Yeah," I nodded.
"We'll come visit the first opportunity we get I promise," he said.
"I know," I said and he hugged me. I already said goodbye to Link at the hospital. I sat in the back seat as we started driving. I was so scared. I was alone. I know Derek wasn't doing this to hurt me, he just wanted to help and he couldn't. I know he couldn't. I needed real help. We got to the rehab facility and I looked out the window.
"We'll walk you in okay?" Meredith said.
"Yeah," I said and grabbed my bag. Derek and Meredith were each at my side. They checked me in and it was time to go.
"I'll see you guys soon?" I said.
"You will," Derek said and hugged me, "I love you."
"I love you too," I said.
"I love you Amelia, we'll write letters okay?" Meredith said.
"Okay, I love you too," I said. The people showed me down to my room which had a roommate. Great. Everyone here was always a million years older than me. It made me feel weird. I opened the door and saw my roommate. She was probably 30. Great. Why can't they put me with the other kids here, oh wait, not everyone is as fucked up as me.
"Tomorrow we'll come get you for school," the nurse said, "your high school faxed off a lot of documents so you won't fall behind."
"Thanks," I nodded as I walked inside. I sat down on the bed and my roommate looked at me.
"You're young," she said.
"You're old," I said back.
"You okay?" She asked.
"How long have you been here?" I asked.
"You're nosey," she said.
"You don't have to tell me," I said.
"A week," she said.
"What's your name?" I asked.
"Charlotte," she said, "Charlotte King."