3

TW: abuse
AMELIAS POV
I got up before my alarm and ran to the bathroom. I lifted my shirt and saw the giant black and blue on my back.
"Fuck," I said quietly. It hurt like hell. I threw on another sweatshirt and jeans and grabbed my backpack and walked downstairs. My phone buzzed and it was Ryan.
"I'm sorry about yesterday can I pick you up today?" It read.
"Yeah," I sent. I sat down at the counter and Meredith looked up from her magazine.
"You're up early," Meredith said.
"Uh yeah," I said.
"Is everything alright?" Meredith asked.
"Yeah," I said and grabbed an apple to eat later.
"Derek's still asleep, he got called in last night," Meredith said.
"Okay," I nodded.
LINKS POV
Amelia Shepherd. She was beautiful. She really was. We had spanish together, and I've been making every excuse to talk to her. I walked past her locker and saw her talking to Ryan Kerrigan. I guess they were kinda a thing. I watched them from my locker and noticed how he grabbed her arm quickly and she looked exhausted. She didn't deserve a boyfriend like that. Nobody deserved a boyfriend like that. I walked into Spanish and she sat down at a few tables across from me. I took out my phone and texted her.
"Hey," I sent. She looked up at me and smiled. She grabbed her bag and got up and sat down next to me.
"You know you can talk to me," she chuckled, "no need to text."
"Okay," I chuckled.
"Did you figure out the homework last night? Sorry something came up with Ryan," she said.
"Yeah it was fine. Everything okay?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said, "it's fine." We sat through a lesson and the teacher handed out a homework packet. The bell rang and Amelia grabbed her notebook.
"Do you want to hangout sometime?" I asked.
"Uh yeah sure," she nodded, "I'll let you know."
"Cool," I said. We walked out of spanish together and we saw Ryan. I saw her tense up and swallow hard.
"I gotta go," she said quickly and walked away. I was worried about her. Everyone at school knew Ryan was a jerk. I was just so puzzled how such a pretty girl could be with such a trashy boy.
AMELIAS POV
"Did you get more?" I asked as Ryan and I were walking to the car.
"What's the deal with that dorky kid?" He asked.
"What dorky kid?" I asked.
"Lincoln Log or whatever his name is," he said.
"Link," I said as I got in the car and grabbed the box of cigarettes. Ryan grabbed my face and pulled me in for a kiss.
"Wanna come over? I think Meredith's home," I said.
"Sure," he said, "smoke first?"
"Yeah," I said and we both grabbed a cigarette and he started driving over to my house. He parked on the street and I kissed him passionately.
"We could just stay here," he said. I smirked as I climbed over the center console and sat on his lap and he grinned.
"You're so pretty," he said as I leaned down and kissed him. I giggled as I smoked the rest of my cigarette and we started making out. He pulled me closer to him and I heard a knock on the window. We froze. I looked over and it was Derek. Fuck.
"Get out of the car," Derek said and walked back to the house.
"I thought you said he wasn't home," Ryan said mad, "you bitch."
"I didn't think he was home," I said, "surgeons schedules are unpredictable sometimes. I promise I didn't know he was here." He shoved me back into the passenger seat and I hit my shoulder hard on the door.
"Get out I'll see you tomorrow," He said.
"Yeah," I said and grabbed my bag and walked back to my house. I opened the front door and Derek was angrily sitting on the couch. I pushed my hair behind my ear and hung my coat up.
"Does he always treat you like that?" Derek asked.
"Like what?" I said.
"I watched him shove you across the car," Derek said.
"He was just mad," I defended.
"Does he hit you?" He asked.
"No he doesn't," I said.
"Would you tell me if he was?" He asked.
"Derek I'm fine," I said, "Ryan doesn't act like that I promise he was just mad that you don't like him."
"Well he throws you around and treats you like shit Amy of course I don't like him," he said, "if he does something like that again I'm calling the police."
"Derek!" I said.
"I'm serious," he said.
DEREKS POV
I hate Ryan. I hate that boy. He is horrible to Amelia. She always defends him. I don't know why. After what I saw today I'm worried. I'm worried he's hurting her more and she's covering it up.
"Mer?" I said as I walked into the bedroom.
"Yeah?" She said as she looked up from her laptop.
"I'm worried about Amelia," I said as I sat down on the bed.
"What happened?" She asked.
"I caught them making out in the car today and when I told Amelia to come inside once I walked away he shoved her into the other seat," I said.
"Did you ask her about it?" She said as she sat up.
"She said it's never happened before," I said, "but you know how I feel about that guy! I don't trust him with her."
"I'll talk to her tomorrow when you go in early," Meredith said.
"Thank you," I said.
"Do you think she's using again?" Meredith asked.
"Should I be concerned?" I asked, "do you think she is?"
"She's been off lately," Meredith said, "It might be nothing I don't know."
"Okay," I said.
AMELIAS POV
I was texting Link. Bad decision I guess. I wasn't cheating. I wasn't. We were just friends, but Ryan would kill me if he knew.
"What's the deal with your boyfriend?" Link sent.
"What do you mean?" I sent.
"I don't know," Link sent.
"My brother hates him," I sent.
"That sucks," Link said.
"He thinks he's an asshole," I sent.
"Well is he?" Link said.
"Sometimes," I sent.
"You don't deserve that," he sent. I looked at the text and didn't know how to respond. After a few seconds he texted again.
"A girl as beautiful as you deserves a boy who appreciates you," he sent.