34

timeline: 1 week later
AMELIAS POV
Link was coming today. I was halfway done with rehab. Link was coming. I got dressed in my usual baggy clothes that the rehab place provided and I brushed my hair. I walked downstairs and sat down in the lobby. Link would be here soon. I was so excited. I missed him so much.
"Amelia," the front desk said, "your visitor is outside, make sure you're back by 3 for group therapy okay?"
"Okay," I nodded, "thank you." I walked out the front doors and saw Link walking up to the entrance.
"LINK!" I smiled as I ran to him and he wrapped me in a hug as he picked me up.
"Oh my god I love you," I said.
"I love you too," he said and kissed me
"I missed you so much," I said crying.
"I missed you more," he said. He wrapped me in a tight hug and I burried myself in his chest.
"Are you doing okay?" He asked.
"Yeah I'm okay," I said.
"I'm glad," he said. I held his hand as we walked over to this grass field outside the place and we both sat down.
"How have you been doing?" He asked as he pushed a piece of hair behind my ear.
"Besides breaking a window, illegally using the computer for emails, and I hate my roommate, I'm great," I joked.
"Amelia," he chuckled.
"I didn't mean to break the window if it's any consolation," I said. We both laid back on the grass and stared up at the sky.
"I'm really glad you're okay," He said.
"I'm really glad you visited," I said.
"Of course I came to visit you," he said, "did you get my letter."
"I did," I smiled, "it made me happy thank you."
"You're welcome," he said.
"This is for you," I said and handed him an envelope of multiple letters I've written, "I hadn't mailed them yet but I figured I could wait to give you them now. There's multiple so you can read them whenever you need it."
"Thanks," he smiled.
"You're welcome," I said.
LINKS POV
I finally got to see Amelia. I was laying next to her on a grass field outside talking. It was so nice to be able to see her. I grabbed her hand and intertwined her fingers with me.
"I wanna go home," Amelia said softly.
"I know," I said, "I want you to come home too."
"I miss it," she said softly and looked at me.
"Home?" I said. She nodded.
"I did this all because of my mother who doesn't want me. It shouldn't bother me because she doesn't want me. It's not about her. I have you, and Derek, and Meredith, I don't need to care what she thinks. And I miss it. I took it for granted because I was so mad at my mother," she said. I sat up and looked at her and she did the same.
"I miss you," she said quietly.
"I miss you too," I said and kissed her, "but you'll come home soon, you'll come back to school, we'll hangout and go on dates, and you'll live with Meredith and Derek."
"Yeah," I smiled, "it sounds nice."
"So tell me something good about here," I said.
"Nothing," she said.
"There has to be something," I said.
"The soap in the bathroom smells nice," she chuckled.
"Okay well that's a start," I said.
"Everything else is annoying," she said.
"What about your roommate?" I said.
"She's so annoying. Like she's trying to help, I get it, but just because she's a million years older than me doesn't mean she knows more than me. Might I remind you this is my second time here so she has no wisdom for me," she said.
"Is there anything you like about her," I chuckled.
"She's nice sometimes," she said, "she's pretty too I guess." I laughed and put my arm around her.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too," she said and kissed my cheek, "I never want this time to end."
"Me either," I said, "when do you have to go back inside?"
"3," She said, "for stupid group therapy."
"I'm sure it would be beneficial if you participated," I said.
"No," she said.
"Okay," I said.
"It's really nice to have you here," she said.
"It's really nice to be here," I said, "it's good to see you." She smiled as she kissed my cheek.
"What time is it?" She asked.
"2:30," I said. She frowned as she looked at me.
"I don't want you to go," she said crying.
"Shh it's okay," I said and held her, "you'll be home in two weeks."
"But I can't stay here for two weeks," she said crying, "I want to go home."
"I know you do honey," I said. I held her as she crying and I rubbed her back. It hurt me seeing her like this. I wanted to take her home. I wanted her to be back with Meredith and Derek. But she couldn't. We both knew that. It was eventually 3 o'clock and Amelia looked up at me.
"I have to go," She said.
"I know," I said softly.
"I love you," she said and kissed me.
"I love you too," I said. She got up and I walked her back to the front doors.
"I'll see you soon," she nodded.
"You will," I said. She walked back inside and I felt my heart break. I just wanted to be with her all the time. She was hurting, and I couldn't be with her.