6

TW: abuse
DEREKS POV
I was panicking. I missed it. He was hurting her and I missed it. I've always hated him but part of me never wanted to believe that he would actually hurt Amelia.
"Meredith you need to come home," I said on the phone.
"What why? What happened?" She said.
"Can you please come home," I said, "it's Amelia."
"Yes," she said, "I'll get Kepner to cover."
"Thank you," I said. I walked back upstairs and Amelia was laying in her bed. She hasn't stopped crying since I've seen her bruises on her arm. I know there's more.
"Can you show me the rest of them?" I asked softly.
"There aren't any more," she said.
"Why are you protecting him?" I said, "I'm going to call the police!"
"Call the police and he'll beat the shit out of me!" She cried, "just let me deal with it."
"Amelia!" I said.
"There aren't any more," she said.
"Take your shirt off," I said.
"You perv," she said.
"I need to see your other bruises if he hit you hard enough you could be bleeding," I said.
"I'll wait until Meredith gets here," she said.
"Fine," I said. I heard the front door open and Meredith ran upstairs.
"What happened?" She said.
"Show her your arm," I said.
"Nothings wrong!" Amelia said crying. I grabbed her arm and lifted her sleeve and Meredith gasped.
"Oh my god Amelia," she said and sat down, "did Ryan do this? Are there more?"
"Derek can you leave?" Amelia asked.
"Fine," I said and left. I'm going to kill that kid.
AMELIAS POV
I was panicking. Derek knew. If Ryan knew he knew I would be dead.
"Amelia," Meredith said, "are there more." I bit my lip as I looked at her.
"Honey just show me," I said. I started crying as I lifted my shirt and Meredith sighed.
"Amelia," she said, "why didn't you say something?"
"He'd kill me if I said something," I said shaking.
"I'm calling the police," Meredith said.
"You can't please," I said.
"Amelia!" Meredith said, "you have so many bruises! He's hurting you!"
"I need him," I said.
"For what?" She said.
"You can't say anything," I said.
"No promises," she said.
"I'm using," I said.
"Amelia," she said sadly.
"I'm sorry," I said, "I know that was the rule. No drugs. I'm sorry."
"He's giving you the drugs?" She said.
"Yeah," I said.
"Have you taken any today?" She asked. I shook my head no.
"Okay," She said, "We still need to call the police."
"Please don't," I begged her, "Meredith he'll kill me."
"He can't keep hurting you," she said.
"I'm fine it doesn't hurt," I said, "can we just forget about this?"
"Amelia," she said, "this is serious, what if you have a broken rib? Or what if you're bleeding internally? I think you should go to the hospital and get a CT."
"No," I said, "if we go to the hospital you have to call my mom."
"Amelia," Meredith said, "you shouldn't have to deal with this okay?"
"You're the only one making it a problem," I said.
"Why are you protecting him?" She said.
"Amelia we're going to the hospital," Derek said as he had his keys.
"No," I said, "Derek please."
"AMELIA WERE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL YOU COULD BE BLEEDING IM NOT LETTING THAT BOY TOUCH YOU AGAIN," he said. He walked out and I looked at Meredith.
"It's going to be okay," She said and she hugged me, "it'll be okay."
"I don't want to go," I said, "Ryan will be so mad if he finds out."
"Amelia," Meredith said, "I'm going to ask you something, and you don't have to answer, but I'm going to ask."
"It's a yes," I said, "the answer is yes."
"I didn't even ask," she said confused.
"You're going to ask if he has ever raped me but you're not going to be straight forward about it you're a going to tip toe around the subject and I'm just going to tell you yes," I said crying.
"Amelia honey," Meredith said and hugged me.
"I don't want to talk about it," I said, "please."
"AMELIA!" Derek yelled.
"Just let him bring you to the hospital so we know you're okay," Meredith said and kissed my head, "please?"
"Fine," I said and grabbed my phone. I was so screwed. They knew. I couldn't believe they knew. Ryan is going to kill me. If I ever see him again. If Derek calls the police he'll kill me. We pulled into the parking lot and I looked at Derek.
"Let's go," Derek said.
"Did you call mom?" I asked.
"No," Derek said.
DEREKS POV
I got Amelia admitted and she was getting a CT done. I'm freaking out. Ryan could have killed her. He could of. He was strong enough to. I'm calling the police tonight. I don't care. I'm calling the police.
"Derek," Meredith said, "we need to talk about something."
"What is it?" I said. Amelia was still in CT with Arizona.
"She's using," Meredith said.
"Are you kidding me!" I said.
"Derek," Meredith, "She's hurting right now and she doesn't need more pain from you! Be there for her."
"Shepherd!" Owen called. I turned and saw him down the hall with Richard.
"I heard your sister was here is everything okay?" Owen asked. I looked at Meredith and didn't know how to answer.
"Everything okay?" Richard asked.
"Can you call the police?" I asked, "and bring them here I want to file a police report."
"For who?" Owen asked.
"It doesn't matter I need the police here," I said and walked away with Meredith. I sighed as I sat down. Meredith sat down next to me and I put my head in my hands.
"I missed it," I said.
"Derek," Meredith sighed.
"He was beating the shit out of my baby sister and I missed it," I cried.
"Shepherd," Owen said. I looked up and saw him standing with a police officer.
"I'll talk to him why don't you wait for Amy?" Meredith said.
"Okay," I said.
"It's going to be fine," Meredith said.