35

Timeline: 2 weeks later
AMELIAS POV
Home. Derek. Meredith. Link. Home. I was going home. God I was so excited. I was going home. I grabbed my things and walked downstairs to the lobby and saw Derek and Meredith.
"Hi," I smiled as they ran over and hugged me.
"I'm so glad you're okay," Derek smiled, "I've missed you."
"We love you so much," Meredith smiled, "and we're proud of you for getting through this."
"Thanks," I smiled. We walked out to the car and I threw my stuff in the backseat.
"Did you eat breakfast?" Derek asked.
"No," I said.
"Want to go out to breakfast?" Derek said, "Link can meet us." Link. I smiled at the thought of seeing him again.
"Really?" I smiled.
"Yeah," Meredith smiled.
"Yeah that sounds good," I smiled.
"Okay," Meredith smiled. We pulled into a diner and I saw Link's car in the parking lot. He got out of his car and I smiled.
"Hi," I said as I walked over to him.
"Hi," he smiled and hugged me tightly, "oh my gosh I am so happy to see you! How are you feeling?"
"I'm great," I smiled, "I'm doing much better. I am better. I promise." I smiled as he leaned in and kissed me.
"And as beautiful as ever," he admired and then grabbed my hand, "let's go in?" I nodded as we sat down in a booth across from Meredith and Derek.
"So how does it feel to be let back into the real world?" Derek joked.
"Amazing," I said, "and so glad to not have to eat stupid rehab food. It tasted so bad."
"We're glad to have you back," Meredith said.
"So um you still have custody right?" I asked softly.
"Yeah," Derek nodded, "of course."
"I just wasn't sure if mom did anything or something," I said.
"She asked about you," Meredith said.
"What did you say?" I asked.
"That you were doing good with your recovery," Derek said.
"Thanks," I said.
"Are you going back to school?" Link asked me.
"Yeah," I smiled, "I am."
"That's good," Link smiled and kissed my cheek. Oh how good it felt to be back.
-
"I love you," Link smiled as we were cuddled in my bed.
"I love you too," I said and looked up at him and kissed him. He held me close to him and I smiled as I leaned into his chest.
"I've missed you so much," I said.
"Me too," He said.
"I'm thankful for you," I said, "you got me through rehab. My goal was to see you, and Meredith and Derek of course, but I loved writing letters to you and reading yours."
"Was kinda fun to have a pen pal," He joked, "so tell me about it."
"About rehab?" I joked.
"Yeah," he said.
"It was lonely," I admitted, "everyone was older than me it was weird. Really weird. I missed everyone. Uh, I did school, that was weird as fuck. I did get in trouble a lot. Whoops. That's okay though because I won't see them ever again because I am not doing drugs ever again."
"I'm so thankful you're okay, and you've recovered," he said and kissed me passionately.
"Me too," I said, "and I'm so sorry about that night. I was in a place, I should have reached out, I should have looked for help instead of drugs. I didn't mean to take that many drugs that night. I didn't. I only took 3 or 4 and then 3 or 4 turned into 9 or 10. It was an accident and I didn't mean to." I didn't realize I was crying until Link wiped my tears with his thumbs.
"Hey it's okay," he said, "we all make mistakes. It's okay."
"Thank you," I nodded. He wrapped me in a tight hug. I snuggled with him as I turned the TV on.
"I missed my room," I said as I looked around, "my bed is a lot comfier here."
"I'm sure," he said, "do you want to come over for dinner this week? I'm sure my mom would love to see you again. She really misses having you around."
"Really?" I said and looked up at her.
"Yeah she misses you Amelia," he said softly.
"Aw," I smiled, "yeah of course I missed her too."
DEREKS POV
Meredith was cleaning up dinner. I figured I should talk to Amelia alone. I've missed here and I'm sure rehab wasn't easy.
"Let's talk," I said as I got up and walked to the back deck.
"Yeah," she said as we both sat down.
"So how are you?" I asked.
"I'm doing good," she said.
"I'm sorry I just shipped you off real quick like mom would have done," I said.
"It's okay," she said, "I needed it. I really did."
"I know," I said, "I'm glad you're okay."
"Me too," she said, "it was rough but it was okay. I got through it and I'm okay."
"I love you," I said and hugged me.
"I love you too," she smiled.
"We could file a restraining order against mom," I said. She chuckled and looked at me.
"For real?" She said.
"Yeah," I shrugged, "why not."
"I'll think about it," she laughed, "that'd be funny."
"It's not for fun it's for your sobriety," I chuckled.
"I know," she said, "it would be funny though."
"Yeah I know," I chuckled.
"I'll think about it," she shrugged.
"So how's Link? You two okay after this?" I asked.
"Yeah," she nodded, "we're good."
"That's good," I said, "he really missed you. He'd stop by the hospital sometimes after school and ask me if I had heard from you. He really loves you Amy, keep him around."