22

AMELIAS POV
I opened my eyes and I was still snuggled into Link. It was Saturday so we could sleep in as much as we wanted, but to my surprise Link was already awake.
"Good morning beautiful," he said and kissed me.
"Good morning," I smiled. He stroked my cheek slowly and I smiled.
"What do you want to do today?" He asked.
"I don't know," I said, "what do you want to do today?"
"Hangout with you," he said and kissed me.
"Can we make pancakes?" I giggled.
"Sure," he said. I smiled as we both got out of bed and walked downstairs. I pulled my hair into a bun and walked into the kitchen where Meredith was getting ready for work.
"Your brother had to go in early and I'm leaving in a few minutes," Meredith said and pulled me in for a hug, "good morning."
"Good morning," I said, "Can Link and I make pancakes?"
"Sure there's stuff in the pantry," Meredith said, "Oh and Link I hope you know your girlfriend has no cooking abilities."
"I'm aware," Link chuckled.
"What surgeries do you have today?" I asked as I grabbed the pancake mix and handed it to Link.
"Bowel obstruction this morning," Meredith said.
"Cool," I said and grabbed plates.
"I gotta go love you," Mer said, "are you good here? What are you doing today?"
"I don't know," I shrugged.
"Text me if you're leaving or going somewhere," Mer said.
"Will do," I said, "love you." She left and I turned to Link.
"I can't cook," I laughed.
"I know," he said, "come here you're learning." I stood at the counter and he stood behind me and grabbed my hands.
"Can't I just watch you cook?" I joked, "that'd be cute."
"Nope, you gotta learn," he said and started mixing the ingredients with me. I leaned back into him and smiled. I loved this feeling. Being with him. Being alone with him. It was safe. It was comfortable. I wasn't afraid.
"Okay now we're going to pour some of this on the pan," he said and we poured small circles on the cooking pan.
"See was that so hard?" Link said.
"No," I said cutely and faced him. He grabbed the bowl and looked at me.
"You have something on your face," he said.
"What?" I said confused and he put batter on my nose with his finger.
"Link!" I laughed and did the same to him. We both started laughing and I smiled. This was real happiness.
LINKS POV
Amelia was in the shower and I was downstairs on the couch. There was a school dance coming up. I wanted to ask her, but they didn't seem like they were her thing, but I don't know. Maybe she's wanna go. I was on my phone and I texted Jo.
"Jo," I sent.
"Atticus," she responded.
"Shut up," I sent.
"What do you need," she sent.
"I should ask Amelia to the school dance right," I sent.
"I mean she is your girlfriend lol," she sent.
"Well I don't know if it's her thing," I sent.
"Just ask her," she sent.
"Okay," I sent.
"She'll say yes," she sent.
"I hope," I sent. Amelia came down the stairs in a t-shirt and jeans. She was adorable.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," she said.
"Come sit," I said and she nodded. She sat down next to me and I wrapped my arms around her.
"Can I ask you something?" I asked.
"Sure," she said.
"Well," I said, "you know how there's that school dance coming up?"
"Yeah," she said.
"Do you want to go?" I asked. She shrugged.
"I don't know, do you?" She said.
"It could be fun," I said.
"Yeah," she said.
"Do you not want to go?" I asked.
"I don't know," she said, "I would need a dress."
"You'd look really pretty in a dress," I said.
"It's just," she said softly.
"It's just what sweetheart?" I asked.
"I have this bruise that hasn't gone away yet," she said quietly.
"Oh," I said, "well we don't have to go."
"I want to," She said, "I'll figure something out with the dress don't worry about it."
"Amelia we don't have to go, we can stay inside and watch movies and cuddle if you want," I said.
"No I want to go," she said and looked at me, "the bruise should go away by then anyway it's yellowish."
"Okay," I nodded.
"I'm sorry I shouldn't be this insecure about wearing a dress," she said nervously.
"Amelia honey it's okay," I said and held her face, "it's okay."
"Okay," she nodded.
"Hey," I said softly, "I love you."
"I love you too," she said.
MEREDITHS POV
I scrubbed out of surgery and I was done with my day. I saw Derek walking down the hall and I smiled.
"Hey," he smiled as he kissed me.
"Hey," I said.
"You heading home?" He said.
"Yup," I said.
"Have you heard from Amy today?" He asked.
"Yeah she texted me before and said her and Link were just hanging out at the house, I don't know if he's still there," I said.
"Okay," he said, "I'll be home around 6:30."
"I'll start dinner," I said.
"Okay, I love you," he said.
"I love you too," I said. I changed and started heading home. I parked in the driveway and noticed Link's car was gone. I unlocked the front door and Amelia was laying on the couch.
"Hey," I said.
"Oh," she said, "hi."
"Something wrong?" I asked, "where's Link?"
"His mom needed him for something," she said.
"Okay," I said and sat down on the couch next to her.
"He's too good for me Mer," she said quietly. I looked at her and my heart broke.
"Amelia honey," I said, "he's perfect for you. He loves you, did something happen today?"
"He wants to go to the school dance," she chuckled, "and I want to wear a dress and I've never felt that way about anyone before."
"Well a school dance is fun," I smiled.
"I hate dresses," she said, "and I kinda still have bruises, I mean they'll go away within a week now but I don't know."
"Do you think the dance will be fun?" I asked. She nodded and I smiled.
"If the bruises don't go away we can get you a dress that covers it or use makeup," I said, "It'll be okay."
"I've never felt this happy before, and I'm afraid it's too good to be true," she said quietly, "nothing in my life has been this good Mer." I brought her into my arms and held her.
"You've found your happiness," I said, "Let yourself have this good thing Amelia. You've been hurt enough for an entire lifetime and you're 16. You're so strong and brave, and you have found a nice boy who you love and who loves you. Let yourself have this good thing. He loves you, he isn't going to run or leave you, you have happiness right now. You deserve it."