him

Zero lays on something comfy. He feels something nudging his shoulder but ignores it as he turns over.

"Sloth, let me sleep."

Zero heard a low rumble before the person nudging him forcefully sat him upwards in bed. Zero blinked his eyes slowly and noticed he was back in his room. It did not hit him that he was not supposed to be here- he was supposed to be at the Sports Festival, but the figure standing by his bedside kept shaking that idea out of him. Zero was mainly focusing on all the empty beds and was curious about where his brothers were.

It was then that he finally looked at the figure, shaking him as it stopped.

It was the boy from the bathroom.

Now that the boy wasn't attacking him, Zero could get a good look at him. He looked just like him, except his eyes were black. His hair was full of black locks, and his head was angled towards the floor. Markings were running up the right side of his face and down his right arm. They seemed to swirl, but Zero thought his mind was playing tricks on him.

As soon as Zero went to open his mouth, he heard a sound coming from outside his bedroom door. It sounded like yelling and something hitting the floor. Zero and the boy stared at the door before the yelling turned into frantic shouting.

The boy grabbed Zero's wrist and led him out of the room. They stood a few feet in front of the doorway before moving closer to the kitchen. 

Zero didn't feel when the boy let go of his wrist, but he noticed his mother's back. She was shouting at a man he has seen before in his dreams, but he did not know who he was. He had black hair, and he had a suitcase that was by the door.

The man turned his back away from Inko, and his hand hovered over the doorknob. Zero's mom was clutching onto his back and was holding him in place.

The sound of her crying rang through Zero's head like a bell.

"Why, Hisashi? Why are you leaving me?" Inko cried.

The man, Hisashi, turned away from the door and looked at her in disgust. 

"I gave you the option to come with me, you know. To leave him, and to come with me."

Inko sputtered. "I'm not going to leave my son!"

The man turned around and grabbed Inko by the collar. "He has no Quirk Inko! He is a failure in the eyes of society, and I do not want a failure as a son." He dropped her.

"Who says that he's a failure? You don't need a Quirk to be somebody!" Ink retorted.

"Says you!" The man yelled back. He was in Inko's face, and she shuffled back a bit. "Only heroes write history, and Izuku will always be a loser."

As the scene before him stilled in sound, Zero looked down. 

Was he talking about me? A loser? 

That's when it hit him; this was the same man from his other dream. This must have been a continuation, but he did not know if this was real or not.

Was it? It felt real, but Zero had no memory of this ever happening.

He felt a pat on the back and looked to the boy next to him. The boy's face was in a grim smile, and his eyes started to retain some color. The swirls on the right side of his body seemed to fade and were replaced with new skin. His black eyes turned gold, and his hair began to have streaks of green run through it.

It was like looking through a mirror, and his name popped into Zero's mind.

"King? What's going on?" Zero didn't notice how much he was crying until King took his hand and wiped his face. A small pool of water danced in King's hand before turning into an icicle the size of his forearm. King looked back at the adults who were still arguing, and so did Zero.

The man threw Inko's hands off of him, and she fell to the floor. Her backside hit a shelf that had a flower vase sitting on top of it. It fell to the floor with grace as the yellow flowers spilled around Inko. The water spilled all over her, embracing her in a cold hug.

The man looked back at her with disgust. "Call me if his quirk shows up; if not- block my number."

As he went for the doorknob, King threw the icicle in his hand.

It pierced the man right through the stomach.

Inko stopped sobbing and turned around. Her eyes did not meet mine but instead met King's.

Zero looked back at King, but he no longer looked like the current Zero. King was now a little boy, with his hands in the pockets of his black shorts and his white tee undisturbed. He looked like a spitting image of Zero- when he was three.

Words tried to fall out, but all King and Zero heard were the gasps from the man. He slowly turned around and faced King as he fell to his knees. Blood poured out of his mouth in a steady flow, and his eyes turned bloodshot.

"ι'м иσт α ℓσѕєя." King made a 'come here' motion with his hands, and the water that was spilled earlier rose from the ground and Inko's clothes. He stood right behind Inko as she watched in silent horror at the sight of the man dying and King smiling.

"ρι¢к α fℓσωєя, ιикσ." She faced King. "ρι¢к α fℓσωєя." He repeated.

Inko's hands shook as she picked a yellow daisy off the floor. It trembled in her hands as he gave the flower to King. He graciously accepted it, and Zero watched as the flower writhed in pain as he sucked the water out of it. The daisy became air as the water from it warbled along with the other orbs of water that hung in the air.

"вυмвℓєвєєѕ αяє συт."

Every water orb turned into mini-icicles. The man blinked wearily as the front of his shirt was drenched in different types of excrements. 

"I нανє α qυιяк!" King pointed a finger in the air. "вυт, I ∂σи'т тнιик ωє'ℓℓ вє иєє∂ιиg тσ ¢αℓℓ уσυ." King pointed the finger at the man, and all the icicles followed.

The man was impaled with the icicles, but Inko's screams drowned out the sounds he made. The man flopped over as blood spurted from him like a fountain. Inko went to where the man was and screamed Hisashi's name many times over and over. The man did not respond as the front door was drenched in crimson.

Inko quickly turned around and screeched at King, "Why did you do that!" She fell to a heap in front of King's feet and wailed. King bent down and rubbed her back.

"иσтнιиg ιѕ вєттєя ѕσмєтιмєѕ- σи¢є ωє'νє вσтн ѕαι∂ συя gσσ∂вуєѕ." King stood up and nodded to the bloody pile of flesh. "ℓєт'ѕ ʝυѕт ℓєт ιт gσ."

He turned around and looked deep into Zero's eyes. Zero immediately felt tired and found himself falling backward. 

"ℓєт мє ℓєт уσυ gσ."