chats

"Zero? Zero wake up. It's time to eat" Greed whispered delicately.

Zero moaned into consciousness and looked around. He was in the lunchroom and his brothers were surrounding him on both sides of the table. Greed and Katsuki were to his right and Envy and Wrath were to his left. Lust, Sloth (who was asleep on the table), Pride, and Gluttony (who was gobbling up food in record time) were in front of him. They all looked at him in slight concern. Zero looked around the table and noticed that they sat closer towards the exit of the cafeteria and far away from his classmates.

Rubbing the sleepiness out of his eyes he asked, "Why are we so far away from everyone?"

"We needed to be close to the exit for emergencies" Lust provided.

"We are in a school of pro-heroes. Nothing bad will happen" Zero persuaded. He took a look at his ramen and realized that he wasn't hungry. Probably because the majority of his brothers were all eating or because of the empty space in his memory.

Greed's black agenda appeared in his hand and he flipped to a random page. Keeping a poker face, he slammed it shut and replied, "We prepare for every contingency" He faced Zero again and smiled. "Now eat your food. You need your strength"

Zero huffed and stirred his ramen. He looked up randomly and saw two classmates he was talking with earlier. Uraraka and Iida were talking animatedly and were walking towards his other classmates. Zero stood up and was about to wave them over when Katsuki yanked him back down in his seat.

"Ow!" He rubbed his butt. "What was that for?"

Katsuki swallowed the last bit of food before answering. "Observe before immersing" Before Zero could question it, Greed elaborated.

"We must observe the patterns of everyone, so we know where we stand on the social latter. Once that's done, we can immerse ourselves in the right state of mind" Greed put the napkin to his face and dabbed his lips. He pushed Zero's bowl to Gluttony and he shoveled it down. He snapped his fingers and Zero's Hero Analysis Journal appeared. "Focus on this, and then we can focus on friends"

Zero grabbed the journal out of spite. "How am I supposed to write about their quirks if I don't even-" Greed taped his forehead and a barrage of memories assaulted his mind. He saw his classmates quirks. He hurriedly started to write in his journal, forgetting his anger and flipping pages when rushed sketches of his classmates were drawn and quirks were labeled.

Katsuki leaned back and made eye contact with Greed. Greed showed Katsuki his agenda and his eyes widened. The agenda disappeared into thin air, and Katsuki rubbed his friend's back and put his head in hands.

Greed looked at the other ignorant students and then looked at Zero.

"Everything we do is for you," he thought.

***

"How was school sweetie?" Inko asked. She and Izuku were eating dinner by themselves. His brothers were out "running some errands"- except Sloth. Sloth said he was getting some sleep and went straight to bed. The other brothers lounged around while Izuku did his homework. When it was time for dinner, Greed said that he (and the other brothers) had some things they needed to do but they'd be back before midnight. Inko sighed and watched as they all hugged Izuku before leaving. Inko knew if she said anything then Greed would glare but say nothing.

Inko sighed in stress, which caused Izuku to stop his storytelling of his day's events.

"Is there something wrong?" Izuku tiled his head in concern.

"No no!" Inko waved her chopsticks in the air. "I was just thinking. Did you and your brothers have fun, or did you guys cause trouble?"

Izuku answered sheepishly. "Well, we did cause a ruckus but, in the end, I had fun. Katsuki said it was one of the best days of his life and laughed about it on our way home" Izuku yawned. "All this excitement has made me tired though"