alpha

Against the calming words of patience from her friend, Inko scheduled an appointment with a nearby phycologist. Inko frantically grabbed Izuku (once the appointment was made) and grabbed her essentials before leaving the flat that seemed to fall apart at the seams. She walked with a purpose along the streets- and ignored all the looks oncoming people gave them because of their urgency. When it came apparent that Izuku couldn't keep up with Inko's large strides- she picked him up and her speed walking turned into an urgent jog.

When the building was in sight, Inko set Izuku down and got down to eye level with him.

"Izuku; I think your quirks are coming"

Izuku's tear strung face lit up with a smile. "Really?"

"Really" Inko nodded her head. "But I think we need to sort somethings out first"

"Is that why we are here at the doctor's?"

"Yes Izuku. I want you to answer their questions truthfully and to your best ability okay?"

Izuku's eye drifted away from Inko's and to the far right. Inko followed his gaze and saw that he was staring at an ally way hidden by shadows. Izuku faced the ally way- like it was beckoning him with its' uncomfortable glare.

"Stare into darkness and darkness will eventually stare back at you" he said in a voice Inko could not recognize.

"What?" Inko said breathlessly as she tightened her grip on Izuku's arms and he shook his head and faced her. He gave her a smile and then his face went blank before answering her plea.

"Okay" Inko took his hand and walked inside the small store.

"Hello mam. I'm Midoriya Inko and I scheduled an appointment with the Quirk Phycologist" the lady behind the desk tapped away at her computer before pointing to the door on the left. Inko said her thanks and walked to the nearest door on the left.

After knocking twice and hearing a mumble, Inko opened the door and saw a woman, similar to her stature, wave and gesture to the couch behind them.

"Hello. I'm Hinata Yuki. I advise and guide children who are in need of help with their quirk. Now, what is the quirk?"

Izuku looked up at Inko as she fidgeted next to him. "That's the thing. At one moment, I think it's one thing but the next thing it's another"

"I see" Hinata scrunched her face in thought before turning her gaze to Izuku. "Well Izuku, do you notice something different?"

"Not really besides the amount of talking in the house increased"

"Talking? What do you mean?" Inko asked before Hinata could.

"Well, sometimes when I'm thinking, someone else would say something. And then someone else would say something. It would continue like that for a while until I focus back on Mommy" Izuku looked at Inko. "Sometimes I wonder if Mommy can hear them but she doesn't react so it's always been just me"

"Interesting. And what do some of these voices say?" Hinata asked.

Izuku's face darkened and turned to the side. "Most of the times it is bad things"

"What kind of bad things?"

Izuku covered his face. "How to murder Kaachan or Mommy"

Inko blanched while Hinata perused. "Why do they want to hurt them?"

"Because they stand in my way of becoming who we were meant to be"

Izuku started laughing and the sounds sent chills down Inko's spine and had her unconsciously spacing herself from her son. He saw that he was wearing his All Might shirt and put his hand on his shirt. The shirt started to smoke under his hand and when he took it off, the 'All M' logo was completely gone. He laughed at his success as Hinata spread her arms wide once Inko was near her.